Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malad Area Reservoirs 3/19/05
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I checked out 6 different reservoirs in the Malad area on Saturday afternoon. Even if I had a 20 foot board I wouldn’t have attempted to get on the ice on any of the reservoirs that I saw. I didn’t see anyone brave/crazy enough to get on the ice, so it safe to say that the ice fishing season is over for this part of the state.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Daniels[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]5-10 yards of open water around edge in most places. Portion of the upper end was ice free. About 12? feet low.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Upper Pleasentview[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Totally ice free. The little reservoir is full and clear. The water around the edges was 50-52 degrees. The water on the surface in the center of the lake was likely cooler.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]St. John’s [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]20-25 feet low and totally ice free and probably fishless. If anyone has caught a fish out of here or Lower Pleasentview in the last couple of years I would like to hear about it.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Crowthers[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Some slushy ice in the mid section of the lake but it is probably ice free by now. The water was stained. It was hard to tell were the high water mark was but I would guess that it was about 10 feet low.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Deep Creek [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]About 20 feet low. 5-10 yards of open water around the edge in most places. [/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Devil Creek[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][black][size 3]I only saw it from the interstate. Looked about 15??? feet low and about 5 yards of open water around the edge in places.
[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Hopefully the rest of ice will melt quickly.
[signature]
Here it is 10 days later. Has there been any change in the ice conditions. Any open water to be reported. We are thinking about fishing this weekend if possible. Any reports would be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
I haven't been in the area since 3/19 but I'm confindent that you could fish open water on any of the lakes that I mentioned. Last year Devil Creek was the last lake in the area to loose all of its ice and I think there is a good chance that it would be completely ice free by this weekend.
[signature]
Thanks for checking them out for us. Has anyone heard anything about Daniels. I am wanting to get up there in the next few weeks. I imagine that it is all ice free by now? Thanx Jake
[signature]
I haven't heard of anything more recent about Daniels than what I saw on 3/19. You shouldn't have any problem getting out there in a tube this weekend. It will probably be completely ice free soon if it isn't already. The hills around daniels didn't get near as much snow as you guys south of the boarder. Unless we get more rain/snow I wouldn't expect that area to pull out of the drought any time soon.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply and lets keep praying for the rain. Jake
[signature]
Drove past Devils Creek and there is a lot of open water around the edges, enough to tube or bank fish. There is still a large sheet of ice in the middle.
[signature]
Fished Deep Creek and Danials on Friday. I caught three 13" Rainbows at Deep Creek. They were fat but one fish an hour a little slow. I did not even get a bite at Danials but the wind was howling and making conditions rough. Both reservoirs were about half frozen.

Windriver
[signature]
Windriver, thanks for the report. I wish you would of had better luck. I was hoping for a better report from Daniels. We were thinking of trying it this weekend. What part of the res was still ice covered? Thanks again, Jake
[signature]
The South end toward the dam was still covered with ice. You may have better luck than I did. The water was really muddy and the wind was blowing hard.

Windriver
[signature]
Windriver and Everet,

Thanks for the update[Smile]
[signature]