Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOW
With the water temps a risin' you tubers sure are a yappy bunch[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Not as bad as you icehole fans when the hard deck starts forming in the winter. Talk about a bunch of snickerin' and squealin'.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hey, whazzup wit you? You is a tuber too? You just tryin' ta pull some chains. Right?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When we gonna hit it together again, Bro? I got some new jig heads on some new fancy red Japanese hooks that look kinda fishy. I might need some help field (water) testing 'em. They got WALLEYE writ all over 'em.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah well I might be a tuber too but I knew that comment would get a reaction from ya ol'e buddy[Wink]

We Iceholers "snickerin' and squealin" ???!!??
Hmm, thats probably true but you forgot to mention the whining, boobin', cryin' and complaining parts, HA!

Yeppers, me thinks we need to run those new unit of yers past the jaw bone of a whily old eye or two. Ya wouldnt happen ta know where we might run across a couple would ya??[Wink] Shoot me a time and date and I'll do my darnest to hookup.. Of course this time of year I might drag the dick boat down instead of my tube! HA!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]'Eyes is always where ya finds 'em. They are hit and miss around Utah Lake, and the weather has been sloppy. But, I heard tell, from an inside source, that a good walleye guy can score every evening and every morning on Willard. The fish are coming right up on the banks at low light and hitting either white or chartreuse plastics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am out of action until next week. Just as well. The weather ain't playin' nice right now.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[reply]
[#0000ff] I got some new jig heads on some new fancy red Japanese hooks that look kinda fishy. I might need some help field (water) testing 'em. [/#0000ff] [/reply]
Do any of those have Calico Bass written on them??? within the 3/8 to 3/4oz range???[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]These are pretty light wire hooks. Big ol' bull bass would straighten them out in a hurry. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have a box put together for you with some slab spoons and some big jig heads ready to send. If I can get TubeBabe to take them to the post office you will be getting a small but heavy package.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Those look good!!! Just in time for Cuda and Bone season.[cool]

I think I can even get some of those to work for stripers around here. The stripers favor the Chovie color.

The greens, blues, silvers and reds are good for the Cudas. The all whites would be good for the White Sea Bass and Yellowtails.[Wink]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]You are going to have to add your own split rings and hooks. However, I am tucking in some samples of dressed trebles and a couple of large dressed single hooks. You can let me know if you have any special color schemes in mind and I can whip some up.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have plenty of splt rings and hooks. I change them out on my Tady's all the time. The trailers that you made look awesome and I think I may have some combos that could work well.

Now that little Tubie is a pinhead, we may even be able to help you market some of these on the boats as well. All they have to do is see us hooking up with some of these bad boys and the whole boat will want to buy some.[cool]

I can just picture it now for your mass production line. 1st You invite all the UT boys over for a jig making party. 2nd You start them off with some "Samiches and Beer" 2 1/2th You lock the door. 3rd You tell them that you only need to make 1000 pcs or so. hee hee.
[signature]
Speaking of fancy tackle... I was scoping out a local Denver reservoir yesterday (small, full of trout, bass and some tiger muskie... MADE for tubing), in anticipation of my maiden voyage when I'm finally equipped with a FC4, and learned of a new killer trout rig.

Seems a guy got a fishing license in the morning, went to K-mart and bought a $1 Rapala knock-off. He goes to the lake, ties it on with a lead weight the size of a robin's egg, and heaves it out a mile or so.

Evidently, with all that weight, it sank fast enough to have the full "swimming action" on the way down, which explains why the 21" Brown nailed it before that first cast hit bottom. When I walked up to him, he was sitting on the shore, the trout gasping on a stringer in 2" of water, fishing the spinning lure and its prodigious ballast anchor on THE BOTTOM, like bait.

After 4 hours of fruitless work, tying on at least a dozen different patterns with no result, it was clear that the fishing gods were high-fiving each other at my expense, so I quit with what remained of my dignity.

Man, oh man, I can't wait for the FC4 !!!
[signature]
No problem Pat.. The older I get the nicer the weather I want fer fishin'. In fact, the older I gets the more I wants warmth for fishin'. Wont be long before you'll only find me lookin' like a fat old lizzard sprawled across a flat rock soaking up the sun on a shoreline someplace..

Its all good[Wink]
[signature]
I got the goodies just in time to try a few of them out on some Yellowtails.

The solid white /sparkle lead head did the trick attached to a large white Kalin plastic.

Thanks for the shipment. There will be more tests to follow. I will also get my camera ready this next time.

I ended up with 4 Yellowtails ranging from 15 to 18 lbs.[cool]
[signature]