Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle Smallies
[cool] I'm flyin home for a 5 day weekend and was wanting to go hit Jordanelle, but I don't see any posts for it lately. Does anyone have any recent reports on that pond? It would sure be greatly appreciated.
[signature]
Hey Scooter. I put out some feelers and it doesn't look like there has been a lot of activity on Jordanelle in the last week or so. Everybody has been either hunting or getting in a last fling at the Berry before hard water time. There has also been a great bite for BIG walleyes at Lincoln Beach, and the serious masochists are still chasing wipers.

A did find a couple of knowledgeable fishermen who have hit Jordy recently and they both said the same thing. Perch are still biting, but deeper. Smallmouth are going much deeper and are harder to find and to catch. You have to think drop shotting or spooning...if you can find fish in an area that the snags won't bankrupt you.

If you wanna hit Deer Creek, the same situation holds there. The smallies are deep most of the day, but sometimes cruise shallower along a sunny shoreline in late afternoon. Walleye have gone to 35 feet or more, following the perch they feed on. Try vertical jigging a gold Kastmaster (1/2 ounce) over underwater structure where you mark fish.

Hope your time in town treats you well. Let us know how you do.
[signature]
Hey Tube, haven't heard from you for a while. You still in sunny Arizona? I been meanin to hook up with you for some fishin but momma is pretty serious about me coming home on the weekends. I was planning on doin some drop shot and jigging for those jordanelle smallies. It will be nice to fish and not have to fight those damn jet skis and water skiers. You been doin any fishing? I think most these guys get so caught up in the wipers that they forget that there is alot of other spiecies to fish for. Well it's good hearing from you and thanks for the information.
[signature]
Yeah, I'm in Arizona...for the reasons I have explained. Too bad you are not staying down here this weekend. I'm sending my wife up to Salt Lake to play sister/mother/grandma and I'll be a fishing bachelor all weekend.

I have been starting to get back into the fishing with water temps dropping a bit. The bass are picking up on topwater in some areas, but going deep in others. Walleye are coming in around the points and walls on the Salt River lakes.

They will be planting their hatchery pet rainbows for the powerbait platoons in November and we can anticipate some big largies busting large jerkbaits with a rainbow hue to em. Those silly little rainbows are bass candy and there will be some eight and ten pound largies hooked in the next couple of months. Our state record of around 16 pounds was caught in January I believe, on a shallow water spinner bait. I wonder what the Utah contingent is going to be doing in January.

Give me a shout sometime and we'll "hook up".
[signature]