Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Motorguide Lazer II Trolling Motor?
Anyone have or used a Lazer II electric bowmount? Considering buying a used one (only about 2 hours on it), but I've heard a couple negative comments about their durability. A search showed that the internet doesn't have much to offer. Any help would be apprectiated!
[signature]
Never use a Motorguide, or you'll regret it. Get a Minnkota, they are the best.

[signature]
[cool] i have had a motor guide for 6 years and no problems at all
[signature]
I can't speak for that particular model, but I will say I have had a Motorguide on my boat for 14 years and it works fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and that makes for good dialog, but I would not neccessarily base my decision without data or facts to back it up. Of note: many professionals on the BASS and PWT circuits use Motorguide products as well as other products such as MinnKota. By the way, I am not affiliated in any way with Motorguide Inc., I am a fisherperson much like yourself, I hope you find what you are looking for - estrolling (electric-slow-trolling) is a good way to catch spooky fish!
[signature]
I Bass fish alot and the Minnkota is the way to go I run mine in to the rocks all of the time to retrieve those $6.00 lures and the carbon
fiber shaft springs back and as long as you take your foot off of the
peddle just before you hit the bank you don't chip the prop. up to bad. This is not my opinion just fact.

Hope this helps ..............Basleg
[signature]
I've owned both Minnkotas and Motorguides through the years and all of them have performed just fine. I think it's a matter of personal preference and personal experience. I don't think you'll regret either one.
[signature]
Had one! Sold it on ebay because the remote foot control kept acting up. Also i kept stripping internal gear assembly. It was too slow in turning direction and in my opinion not worth the money. Now in defense for Motorguide despite tomegun's biased opinions I have used and owned both motorguide and Minnkota, Both companies are rather well accomplished and thier products are both continually to redevelop. The Lazer II was just not the best designed. The bottom line is you always seem to get what you pay for. I would personally recommend spending the extra money and get a well designed, POWERFULL, dependable trolling motor from either Motorguide or Minnkota. If you sqeeze on the money now you will pay for it later on the water! My only regret has come from not spending the extra dough on a stronger mount! Motorguides entry level mount just seemed to have to much flex,, which i think in turn decrease the amount of immediate thrust. Anyway there is my two cents. Good luck Topehaw