Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard walleyes
well i guess i bought into the walleye fascination and started out after my first eye. have been to willard 3 times now and have placed a lot of lead in the rocks. the catching hasn't been so good, but man that's a beautiful place at sunrise and sunset!

Went by Hooked and finally met James. He sure is helpful!
THANKS JAMES!!!

Plan on hittin it again a few times this week after work..thought that dirt road is a bit rough on the vehicle.

Anyway, i wanted to tell y'all bout the bald eagle that tried to eat my dog..REALLY freaked me out!

happened last weekend...was my first time going for the eyes and i parked at the south marina(campin area), went up the stairs and over the dike and started casting....kinda lazy don't ya know...didn't want to walk too much. after about an hour or so, i decided to walk down to the 'end' of the dike and fish where the water runs in-- near the buoy's. well as soon as i climbed up the dike, with my boxer ridin on my heels...she took off as usual. She always, as most dogs do..watched to see which direction i was headed..and she decided she would do a bit of scoutin.

after a few minutes..she had bout 300 yards on me..lol it was rainin and i was wondering if this eye stuff was all that it was cracked up to be.

suddenly, outta the right side of my periphal vision i noticed some movement. WOW..a beautiful bald eagle. The great bird had launched from it's high perch and was off after a meal...after a few seconds i realized the predator was makin a bee-line for my dog!! I freaked out and started yelling for my dog to come. She ignored me as usual and i was relegated to watch the event unfold as it may. The eagle continued it's stealthy approach unbeknownst to my long-time pal. I watched in amazement and horror.

The eagle flew over my puppy and made a broad circle to return to it's roost. It decided that my boxer was too big or maybe it had dog before and didn't like the taste!! Either way i was grateful. I called my ex-girlfriend the next day and thanked her for not buyin me a poodle for my birthday present!

cyas
rc
Great story, guppyslayer. I saw an eagle there on Saturday. I to have not hooked a walleye there yet, but I will try again tomorrow night. Because of the helpful information that I have picked form the good folks here, I will go back and try again. Good luck and I hope that you catch some eyes next trip, Dale.
[signature]
Hey, I am glad to hear that your boxer is allright. That is quite a story. I work at a Vet hosp in Layton and have actually heard a few stories about bald eagles and cats and dogs. The most recent was a cat that some friends of our own out near farmington bay. Our friend was riding his horse in the corral and the cat followed him out. Two bald eagles immediately swooped down from the trees adjacent to the corral. The first one missed and the second on didn't!! It grabbed the cat by the neck and had carried it up almost 100 ft and for some reason the eagle let go and dropped the cat!! He said that unbelievably the cat stretched it's legs out like a flying squirl and almost fell horizontaly. It bounced pretty hard and amazinly ran into the barn. It had gouges in its neck, but did ok with a little help. Needless to say he did not come out of the barn all winter!! Jake
[signature]