Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jobs?
I know this sounds stupid, but I am fifteen and am looking for some sort of fishing related job to do this summer. Does any one have any suggestions, I am desperate!
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys.
[signature]
IMO you are going to have a very hard time finding a job that involves fishing and money. I tried to find a job like that when I was 15 and had no luck. When I was 16 I was able to get a summer job that I was looking for but ended that summer with only $1000??? in the bank. If you were a couple years older I could give you some things to look into. If you find the right connections you might be able find the job that you are looking for. I wish you the best of luck.
[signature]
Hey "E",

Here is a few ideas. When I was younger I worked at a marina cleaning boats and worked my way up to doing electronics and such. This may not be directly fishing related but boats and fisherman kinda go hand and hand at times. I was invited on many trips and learned a great deal. Another idea is to work at some of the local tackle shops and sporting goods stores. You can be around the people that indulge in the sport. And last but not least would be to check into some of the guides in your area and be a deck hand. You could help prep the boat and gear and maybe even assist the clients when the captian is busy.

Good luck and work hard,

Pat (fish1on)
[signature]
Hey guys,
Thanks for all the info, it was much more than I expected. Even if I dont get one this year I have plenty of suggestions for next year. Thanks again.
[signature]