Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One cold reservoir
[cool] Went for one last bang on willard and man was it cooooooooold. Had to burn the last of the gas out of the bass boat. Water temp was a balmy 38 degrees. There was 3 other hard cores out there too. Caught some nice walleyes and the bite was very light. The wierd thing was that all the fish including the shad were all bunched up together. We found walleyes in the south east section in 8' of water and they were schooled up. Fished white power grubs on a 1/8th ounce head and fished very slow on the bottom. You would feel just a slight tug and there they were. That is for sure my last outing for the year up north. Way to cold when your traveling 68 miles an hour. Now I'm gonna hang out by the fire place.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Scooter,[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Don't get too hunkered down ... stay ready for the big BFT "Dinner on Ice" fling coming up some time ... some where this winter. F4F and me will be cooking up one dang good Dutch oven meal for everyone while all you guys do some ice hole fishing.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Scooter, what bass boat is yours? I generally keep an eye out on the bass boats. Chances are I may have seen you out there. Brand, color, engine. I am guessing you have at least a 200 maybee even a 225 68 mph is flying, I dont know if skeeter has even gotten his that fast on willard yet.
I never heard of anyone trolling at 68 MPH before. Seems kinda fast to me. I'd get a hernia if I tried that in my kickboat. Might be able to get up on plane if I had a big tiger muskie chasin' me on Pineview.
[signature]
are they hangning close enough to shore to catch?

xman
[signature]
Does anyone know when Willard usually starts to freeze over? I know it all depends on weather, but what is the usual time frame?
[signature]
[cool] I want to be at that dinner and see if you guys can turn me into a ice fisherman. Never had much success or know how at ice fishing. Would like to learn on a nicesunny day. I'll be hanging out on this site all winter long.
[signature]
[cool] Hey Predator. I drive a red and white Gambler that is customized by Organizer powered by a 225 EFI Mariner. I bought it this year out of vegas and it's been the best money I've ever spent. We put alot of miles on it this year.
[signature]
[cool] I guess that explains wy I struggled so bad this year for the wipers huh. Buy some of those magical turbo fins and you might get that tube up in speed.
[signature]
[cool] None on the bank Xman. Most we graphed were about 200 yards out in that 8' of water.
[signature]
If we continue to lose water even I can wade out to the fish!! HA HA
[signature]
guess ill pull out my donut for some wally action then. never caught one at willard and would like to thanks for the info.

xman
[signature]