Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay
[Tongue]Fishing was great at willard last night. Catching wasn't to good but the fishing was great. Old Coot and I went out about 3:00 and fished the north end for about an hour without any luck so we went to the south end same story. went back to the north where we were marking more fish and still did not have much luck. we decided to leave and on the way in I hooked into a small mouth about 14" what fun. Didn't know there were any small mouth left in the bay. Oh ya after loveing it for a minute or two it went back into the water.

When we got out of the water there were people fishing by the launch and catching nice wipers. Using a float and red and yellow plastic.

Scottieb
[signature]
What do they charge to get in at the north marina? and do they have restrooms there? I'm thinking of taking the family up there tommorow.We will be fishing from the shore but the wife and kids need the ammenities. Thanks.
[signature]
It's 9 bucks to get in, and yes, they have restrooms.
[signature]
Glad to here you hooked up with a fish! The north end charges $9 dollars for vehicals and they have bathrooms and a fish cleaning station.
[signature]
I fished Willard today from about 4:00pm - 8:30pm and had the same luck as you, minus the smbass. Spoted quite a few but never got a bite.

Before I went to willard I fished pineview from about 8:30am - 3:00pm and never got a bite there either. The water is rising and warming up quickly. Found surface temperatures 45 degrees in the narrows and 57 in the shallower bays and 53 degrees threw out most of the reservoir.
[signature]
Thanks for the info on pine view. Its not going to be long before we can go after the tigermusky.[Smile]
Do you get up there alot. let me know how it is if you do.
Scottie
[signature]
Hey Mike, what area were you fishing at Willard today? We covered most the lake today(sat), the only area we marked fish in any numbers was the West dike and by the freeway, South of the North marina. The walleye were feeding today. Water temp was 54 when we got there and got up to 56* before it cooled down again.
[signature]
Curt, what time were you out at willard sat. I went out about 4:00. we fished along the feed lot area for a while then out to the island. My son caught one big wiper right after we started and my wife missed one. After that we just drove around for a while until my motor started having issues. Some how they just know when your a long way from the marina and decide thats the time to crap out. I was able to keep it chugging along to get back in but it was a pretty slow ride in.

Even with the troubles it was a great day to be out in the sun. We ended up leaving around 6:30. Hopefully I can have it fixed by the upcoming weekend.
[signature]
Curt,I fished over on the north side and an area out in the middle. Didn't spot too many out in the middle but I did spot quite a few on the north side.

Scottie, I go up to pineview quite often, its a 13 minute drive from my house. The fishing at pineview should start to pick up. I will keep the board informed on the conditions at pineview.
[signature]
We launched around 1pm and stayed until sunset. It's too bad you had motor problems, hope your able to get it fixed. I think I have finally got mine running good. We started fishing along the North dike, then we fished around the island, then we headed to the light pole and trolled South, we ended the day fishing East of the feedlot.
[signature]