Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent bear lake reports?
Any one been up to try it out? Its getting about the right time isn't it??
[signature]
Fished Bearlake last Friday it was fairly slow. Caught 6 cutthroat on the east side between 3 to 6 lbs. Went the tuesday before that and only caught 2 cuts. Sure hope it picks up I remember the day when if you caught 20 it was a slow day.[unsure]

Bodine
[signature]
I fished it Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday: Hit the rock pile and guss point. Marked very few fish in all depths. Nice weather and calm water. No fish but still a great day on the pond. Went back to camp and drank beer and barbequed some ribs!

Sunday: Launched at cisco beach. Marked lots of fish in the 60'-100' range. Trolled flatfish, spinners, spoons. Changed speeds and gave up trolling. Decided to anchor on different spots of heavier fish marks and do some vertical jigging. Tried different weights and colors with and without cisco meat and still nothing! The "W" came up fast and about blew me off the pond! I need a bigger boat!
[signature]
Man I know what you mean about the "W" up there. I tried it one day last May and got blown of the water by 10:00. I was sure surprised at how fast the water changed up there. At sun up it was like glass, then a little ripple, then a few waves, then it was like the Pacific ocean. There were two of us with little aluminums and two more with fish/ski boats and all of us ended up running a ground before we could get them on the trailers. That sure makes for a long trip home. I sure wish I had a place up there to sip a cool one and watch the wind blow. Maybe I'll see ya up there in a couple of weeks. I wan't to try and hit it for the Cutt spawn.
[signature]