Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***FINALLY*** - BEAR LAKE REPORT
[black][size 3]First of all I want to appologize for not getting this report out earlier. The fishing hasn't changed much as of late and has continued to be pretty slow. However we are expecting some big changes so here ya go, the Bear Lake fishing report for the week. You might also find it on our website listed at the bottom of this page! - GOOD LUCK!!![/size][/black]
[size 3]__________________________________________________________[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[black][size 3]First of all I want to appologize to everyone that reads this report. I have been a slacker for the past couple of weeks as we have been trying to get our shop in order for the summer season. We have brought in a bunch of new lures that I am sure that you will all be glad to see so if you get some time, please stop by and check them out.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]As for fishing on Bear Lake, it has been a little slow. I haven't really had anything to report lately so that is one reason why I haven't updated it in a while. I am not sure if the long winter has played a part in all of this but the fishing just hasn't turned on like it usually does this time of year. The Sculpin run, now all over, was the worst I have seen it in years. I can't say that I even caught a single fish off of the shore this year and typically I land a few big fish during this period. As for boat fishing it was a little better but we didn't even take out any clients because of how slow it was. I am not sure if any of you made it up here and had some good fishing but in all the reports that I heard back from I didn't get anything that made my hair stand up on the back of my neck![/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I do have some wonderful news however! The state is going to plant 180,000 Bear Lake Cutts the week of April 25 - April 30. I am not sure which days but as you all might know this will make the fishing as good as it has been for several months. We are not catching the little 7" Cutts, well I guess you can, but we are targeting the bigger fish that have come into feed on the little planters. Look for the best fishing holes to be off of the State Marina, the 1rst and 2nd Points on the East side, as well as Rainbow Cove and the Cisco Beach area. You are trying to mimic a 5"-7" cutt so use something that looks like that. We have some awesome new luers by Rapala and Yozuri as well as some Storm baits that will be awesome. Look for the fishing to finally pick up by this weekend and continue getting better and better on through the middle of June....'crossing my fingers'.....[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]I did talk with a gentlemen that had fished the lake for 3 days straight and finally landed a beautiful hen cutt that went just under 9 lbs. That gives me a little hope and I hope that that little hope will lend me a fish or two of my own.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Good luck to all and please keep me posted as well. I will be more prompt on this report now that some of my other work is out of the way.[/size][/black]

[size 3]LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY BETTER UPDATES THAN THIS![/size]

[size 3]THANKS,[/size]

[size 3]Darin [/size]
[signature]
Thanks for the update.
[signature]
Thanks Darin,

I will probably stop in and say hi Saturday. I fished last weekend and got skunked. I hope it picks up soon.
[signature]