Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any one fish Willard Today?
Did anyone make it out to Willard today? I have not felt up to getting out yet, but if the reports are good enough for today I will try and make it out for a few hours. Thanks, Jake
[signature]
fished there with fonduvfishin today from 7am-230 pm between the two of us we caught 6 wipers and 2 walleye most of the fish were caught out in 17 feet of water and one off the island

first time fishing with larry must say he's a nice guy if you ever get a invite to fish with him take it
[signature]
Aquaman, thanks for the reply. I am hoping that we get a few more through the night. If I make it out in the morning I will let you know how I did. One thing that I am worried about is the upcoming storm. Those fish seem to be really finiky. Jake
[signature]
caught in traffic from north SL to kaysville..got to the lake around 630pm fished til 9..the whole lake was packed!!! caught 4 wipers and 1 walleye.. used a 3 in. gizit g-tail grub smoked purple with a chartreuse tail.. everybody else was using white curley tails..or green curley tails...so many whites its gonna scare them wipers away[Smile].. tomorrow i'll be out agian right around the southwest corner dike..
[signature]
I was at the South West corner this morning from 10:00 to 2:30. I caught one wiper on my fly rod, that went 22" and that was it. The wind was blowing until about noon and when the wind quit, so did the bite.
[signature]
I flew over at about 1. Alot of boats seemed to be working the SE corner. Alot of people fishing in the marina too. Saw one boat along the W dike dragging some fish on a stringer. One of these days Ill actually have a report from on the water somewhere.
[signature]
Thanks for the reports, I am going to head out in the next hour or so and see if I can get lucky. I understand about those crowds! It sometimes gets a little frustrating, but most people I have fished by have been courtious-for the most part. Good luck today, Jake
[signature]
FlyingFish, I saw several planes over Willard. In one case there were two flying side by side. Several of us waived but got no reaction from the planes. You are right in that you need to try Willard from the ground sometine. The fishing is a lot better that way![Wink]
[signature]
My students are quite used to me checking out the water conditions or crouds at local bodies of water. Before a recent lesson one even asked, "which lake to you need to checkout today?" Of course I only do it with their OK and when it wont detract from their training (I have too much respect for how much money they arespending on me.)
Ive been asked by others if they could come along on a "scouting mission." If you PM me, the timing is right and you dont mind sitting through a lesson I might be able to pull that off.
[signature]
FlyingFish, on Sat we had two guys in a two seater plane buzz right over the dike. They were so low that I was hoping that they would kill a lot of the stinking bugs! Was that you guys? Jake
[signature]
I was out on Fri. (Sat I was hosting a birthday party for my 4yr old) I do fly low on occasion and often use the dikes at willard in high winds to practice tracking a line with a crosswind but I dont encourage buzzing of fisherman (even though I may be tempting.) If I am low enough to see you wave Ill waggle my wings at you. There are also rules which dictate how far away we can come to people and buildings in either conjested or unconjested areas. As a flight instructor anything I do, suggest, allow or condone with a student is viewed as acceptable behavior, I cannot say " dont let me catch you doing this but its OK if I do." In this business you can do everything right and still die - so why tempt fate.
Ive now led this a bit off topic but I love airplanes, flying them and most of all teaching others to fly them. If you have any questions PM me or post on the "off-fishing" board and Id be happy to share.
[signature]