Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Fishing in Tube
In the spirit of TubeDude's new photo section...

Here are a couple photos of me flyfishing a Western Oregon pond near where I live. It was loaded with trout. This was taken a little over two years ago. My craft at the time was a Caddis Navigator II. This was before I learned about this forum or ever heard of a guy named TubeDude.

[Image: tubin2.jpg]

Got him!

[Image: tubin1.jpg]

zonker
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]That's whut Ima talkin' 'bout. Thanks for the pics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]One of the Sections/picture threads will be "MEMBER PICS", showing our members on the water or grinning over a day's catch. Many of the pics I already have of different rigs and trips are useful for illustrating more than one point photographically.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]My computer desktop is covered with folders into which I am sorting pics from many different sources. I hope to be able to start putting the new board together soon. I already put up a sticky intro post. I will be filling it out much like I have the "Best of the Best" on the main board here...with headings and then links to the picture threads on different topics.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]By the way, zonker, try to get a pic of yourself in your craft that we can make out all of your fine features (mug shot). I think we will all enjoy being able to put faces to names. Don't be bashful.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Alrighty. Don't have any mug shots at the moment but I can probably enlist Mrs. zonker to help me with that one of these days real soon. Here are some recent pics of a fishing trip my grandson and I took. He's 11 and has been tubing for about four years. That's his Caddis Nav II. Here he is getting ready to launch on a rainy Oregon day for an assault on the mighty trout lunkers of Margaret Lake. Note the seat enhancement. That's a standard cushion type pfd on top of the seat sling. Keeps one up a bit higher in the water.

[Image: trout3.jpg]

Launching out...

[Image: trout4.jpg]

The overhead crane hoist...

[Image: trout1.jpg]

Who needs a net?

[Image: trout2.jpg]

We have fun tubin'. You don't have to be old to enjoy it.

zonker
[signature]
Great pictures![cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey Z, you gotta get the lad registered and have him post up a few trips. If he is old enough to be tubin', he is old enough to play on our playground. We would love to have him as a member. Might qualify as the youngest. I'll send you guys some BFT stickers if you "Get 'er Done".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I thought about registering him. He'd probably enjoy it. Thanks for the suggestion. But his mama said she doesn't want him playing on the Internet. Guess he'll need to get a little older.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If he ever comes to visit, you can consider having him register and then logging him on, under supervision, while he is with you. That is one method some of our members use to introduce youngsters to the board and to allow them to enjoy the posts and pics. You can help with posts, if he wants to put something up. Younguns get all excited when adults welcome them and interact with them...in a wholesome fishing environment. Beats heck out of some of the other places kids can wander off to.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
That's a great idea. I'll watch for an opportunity. Thanks.

z~
[signature]