Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18 lb walleye
believe or not.. i was reading an infisherman article and seen a guy holding up a walleye almost bigger than him..it was 18 lbs.. new record in canada..he was ice fishing too!!!thats crazy!!
[signature]
I saw that too. What a monster!
[signature]
yeah i know and thats just an ice fishing record!!!
[signature]
That is a very nice eye. I sure would like to pull him through the ice!
[signature]
Now thats a real hog, look how big around the eyes are, how would you like to have them eyes looking at you in the dark. later chuck
[signature]
I don't know about this pic . It looks doctored up . You don't see any hands or fingers on the pic by the fish , but the shadow don't seem right either . Why is there a shadow on the fish . Not trying to start a argument over it by no means . LOL If it is a real fish looks like a big one .
[signature]
You're right Hellsangler, definately doctored. See that black outline around the fish? Cut & paste.
[signature]
sharp eye, your right. later chuck
[signature]
I first seen this about two months ago ,on another site.It showed two different pics,and when the truth came out,it was found to be a doctored picture.
[signature]
[cool]Well, I'm guessing his right hand is holding the fish by the gills, and his left hand is just touching the side, or underneath it, but that fish is so fat, you can't see his left hand either. I think it's real. I have that issue, but I can't remember which one it is, but I think Feb or Mar issue. In-Fisherman rocks! I've learned a ton since I've started reading it. Dang, they should pay me for saying that stuff!
[signature]
It looks like the fish is laying on a photo of the guy holding a fish .
[signature]
Funny thing is,,,,, A fish is caught like that every year on the Columbia................................[Wink]
[signature]
THE EYE GODS SHINED ON HIM. THATS A 1 IN A 100 LIFE TIME FISH. THANX FOR POSTING THOSE PICKS. THEY HAVE EM LIKE THAT IN IDAHO AT SAMON FALLS CREEK DAM. IN THE WALLEYE MEUSEUM. SEVRAL CLOSE TO THAT ONE HANGING THERE.
[signature]
Hey guys, while it is difficult to determine the validity of the photo, particularly if you have poor eyesight and age to go with it like I do. The fish measured 36.5 inches with a 22.5 inch girth and weighed 18.3 lbs.The fact of the matter is that "the fish has been accepted as the new world record walleye for ice fishing by the National Fresh Water Fishing Hall of Fame." (North American Fisherman, May/June 2005, vol. 18 pg. 24.) The article first posted in the May issue and is titled "Jig and Prayer" The gentleman: Reverend Mariusz Zajak who caught the fish happens to be a Catholic priest who often recites liturgies and scriptures while fishing. He stated that he was "praying at the time the fish hit" (M. Zajak.) Just goes to show that sometimes it helps to say your prayers - amen!
[signature]
Who would call him a liar? I WAS ONLY COMMENTING ON TYPICAL SIGNS OF PICTURE DOCTORING...I.E. THE BLACK BORDER ON THE FIRST PHOTO.

Excuse me Rev.
[signature]