Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best eatting fish?
What would you consider to be the best tasting fish? Fresh or saltwater.

To me, it's a tie. Wahoo, Shark, and Cobia. Wahoo makes the best Sashimi and is just amazing baked in the oven. Shark is the king of the grill with boneless white meat fillets. And Cobia is good anyway you cook it; grilled, baked, or fried.
[signature]
Personally, I think salmon tastes the best. We just started buying wild salmon after seeing this whole documentary that was basically about how nasty farm raised fish are. Wild salmon tastes noticeably different and very good.
[signature]
I personally love salmon but my personal favorite is Yellowtail. Yellowtail is great for sushi, sashimi and you can even cook it if you have too.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][black][size 4]Sorry guys the best eating fish has to be walleye. My wife hates fish and sea food, but you put unfrozen walleye in front of her and she loves it. I have to admit she hasn't had to much salt water fish but if it taste like fish at all she wont eat it. Smile[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I don't eat fish so I couldn't tell you. But I have a friend that will eat Northern Pike before they eat anything else.
[signature]
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][black][size 4]My favorite has to be steelhead, rubbed with a light layer of mayo and lemon pepper, then cooked over a fire. Don’t get me wrong, the grill is ok but over a fire it is twice as good. It almost tastes smoked. It is so good that way you can put it in the refrigerator and eat it days later cold.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Haddock for me. Can't get enough of it.
[signature]
fluke for me[Smile]
[signature]
[cool][ol][li][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Salmon[/size][/green][/font][/li] [li][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Salmon[/size][/green][/font][/li] [li][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Canned tuna. [#000000]LUMB[/#000000][/size][/green][/font][Tongue][/li][/ol] [center][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]And please no sharks. That gives me the chills.
[/center]
[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Hey Dryrod,

You've never eatten shark before? It's really, really good!!![Tongue]
[signature]
[cool][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hey there Tarpon4me - oh yes I have had shark several times. I didn't go out of my way for it as it was the only thing on the menu that had some appeal. However, my remarks was based on my signature icon. The shark with a martini. LUMB [laughing under my breath][/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Having never tried fresh salt water fish, i will have to say theat my current personal favorite is walleye.
[signature]
Gotcha, sometimes i'm a little slow, I think all those fishing trips in the sun fried my brain.[laugh]
[signature]
[cool][Tongue][font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Thats okay, sometimes it pays to be a little slow. Especially when it comes to picking up the bar tab. LOL[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
I like candy so give me blue gill, they are so sweet.. mmmmm mmmmm
[signature]
Confuscious always say: "The happiest man in the world is davetclown with a bounty of bluegills".[Smile]
[signature]
What's the bluegill limit over on your side of the US? I know over this way it's 30 per person per day.
[signature]
Our limit is 25 per person per day. With no more than 2 limits in posession at any time.

Some people stock their freezers full of them. I would rather eat them fresh.[cool]
[signature]
I agree. I won't buy fish from the super market, and I don't like frozen fish, unless it's only a couple of weeks old. Personally, I'm not a blue gill fan. I prefer the beautiful boneless, skinless fillets of saltwater species. I hate bones. I like to be able to plant my fork in and chew, not be cautious. I use blue gill for catfish bait.[cool]
[signature]
I too would rather have a big saltwater, bonless fillet on my plate. I just had some nice red snapper and salmon grouper for dinner last night. yummmmmmmmy.[cool]
[signature]