Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nostalgia
As long as we're going out of country, let's do a little nostalgia (I had to look up that word) fishing. I was looking through my old Navy cruise books last night and came across some old photos of me fishing in Subic Bay, Philipines. It must have been somewhere in 1964 or 65. A bunch of us would charter a boat for the day for about 100 Pesos (that was about $20 back then), stop by the package liquor store for 3-4 cases of beer (that is 3-4 cases each) and head out to sea. It only took 2-3 miles before we were in 3,000 ft of crystal clear water. After a day of fishing, drinking beer and tossing up fried bolagna sandwiches (that's all they knew to feed us), we'd head back in. Needless to say, we were in no condition to catch anything but a sunburn much less water ski, but we tried.
I never could get up on those skis, and still can't but at that age, I was Superman. The only thing I didn't know was that a shark was following me into the beach.
So the joke started circulating that I wasn't fishing but trolling for shark. I haven't been skiing since and don't plan on doing so.
[signature]
HAHA THAT WOULD BE MY LUCK TOO! LOU DON,T NEED TO BE BAIT! HAHA
[signature]
Hello Johnincolorado,

100 pesos for a charter trip, I guess when you here the phrase "the good old days" that is as siutable as an example as any!

P.S. What pound test were they trolling ya with (LOL)? Seriously though, that would be a scary one!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator