Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WILLARD SUNDAY
Went out to Willard Sunday to practice my Wiper skills.Well all I can say is at least it was a nice sunny day.Trolled west out of the south marina along the dike all the way to the northeast corner without a single strike.Saw one guy hookup momentarily on his flyrod but lost him.Didn't even mark any fish until we decided drift fish about 200 yards west of the nort marina letting the wind push us south over open water.Couldn't get those to bite eithier.Anybody else do any good out ther yesterday?If so,what with?Help!!!
[signature]
Bearclaw and i took my boat out sunday trolling from the island to the west dike around the south dike with no bites,
[signature]
Hi All. I'm new to this site. I drive an Alumacraft 165 Magnum tiller in green and tan with a 50hp Mercury 4 stroke. Swing by and say hi if you see me.

I fished with a buddy up there last Thursday (4/26). We started out west by the lightpole, then the soutwest corner with no bites. Caught five wipers on the east side south of the north marina in the last hour of fishing, all on a #5 Shad Rap (Walleye) trolled at 7-8 ft in 11-17 feet of water at ~3mph. It appears that they are in shallower water. No walleye.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Paddler

Welcome to the site, sounds like you had a good fishing trip. Are you the same Paddler from the refuge?
[signature]
Welcome to the site Paddler and thanks for posting your report. Any size to the wipers you caught? There have been a lot of those smaller wipers being caught lately, so I was just wondering. WH2
[signature]
Yep, same Paddler as the refuge. I fish when I don't hunt.

Three of the wipers were in the 3 pound class, two were small. On previous trips we've caught mostly the larger size. We released the fish from my last two trips, my wife prefers walleye.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Haven't been to Willard in a couple a weeks but have only been skunked there once or twice and that was years ago. I use frenzys and shad raps and have caught big chucky wipers and walleye, and one time caught a smb. Mostly trolling about 3-5 mph in 12-13 feet of water, straight out from the south marina and around the island. Don't know if the buoy is still above water with so much water filling up the reservoir. But we'd troll east to west around the island and always caught wipers there. Good luck if you go out again. Ut Lake has been good the last couple weeks so I'm headed back there until around the first week in June.
AnglinAngel[angelic]
BTW..Welcome to the site, Paddler. I'm new too. It's nice to see new people on the board. Everyone is so helpful and kind. I love this site.
[signature]