Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sand Hollow MOJO MANIAC
I fished Sand Hollow on saturday, what a day my partner and I had.

Lets back up one , on friday pre-fish, I found the fish to be in water around ten feet, or that when I got the first fish it was about 13" I got it on a MANIAC 5" worm with a MOJO drop shot. then I put on a MOJO rockhopper with a MANIAC 5" worm it worked too.

I then went to a sink-o MANIAC on the rockhopper an that worked tried other things, the best was MOJO and MANIAC fished for about 3 to 4 hr. an cot fish from 12 to 17".

On tournament day my partner an my self headed for the spot that I fished the day before, he was useing a top water an I started out with a dropshot with the MANIAC worm, I hit a 13+ fish and then tried the rockhopper with the sink-o for a 4lb 1oz and my partner went for his dropshot.

My partner found out why I only use MOJO dropshots, after loseing one after another in the brush I gave him the MOJO and now he is going to put them in his sports store in St.George.

Well by the end of the day we had for the smallest a 15 an 3/4" up to the 4lb 1oz ( oh yes this is a paper tournament your weight and length) we had 11lb 6oz with big fish at 4lb 1oz and 19 and3/4" long.
We tied for first place the other team had a fish that was 20" long so they got first place with big fish and we got #2 with second big fish,( the first place nonboater is my A.B.A. partner so that was OK) this year him and I have 2 first place an two second places an all the wins are on MOJO and MANIAC THEY CATCH FISH.[Wink][cool][Wink][Wink]
[signature]
For those of us "newbies" who aren't familiar with the finer details of dropshotting, what is the difference between a mojo dropshot and the standard dropshot rig? Thanks, and congrats on a winning weekend.
[signature]
Great job on your tournament! It must be nice to be able to go fishing all the time?
From what Iv'e seen, The Mojo drop shot weight has a couple of wires sticking out of the bottom to help keep you from wedging your weight in the rocks and brush. they also have one that will grab the bottom in strong currents, for River fishing. I'm sure that Bassrods can give you a better explenation of them, and the differences, because he uses them all the time. And I have not yet used them.
[signature]
The best way to explain the difference is the size and diameter of the weights...and the quality of wire & swivel used. For more information go to [url "http://www.mojolures.com"]www.mojolures.com[/url]
They have detailed information and instructions on each type of mojo weights.

I've fished a lot of dropshot...and I find Mojo has the most consistent and less snagging product around.
[signature]
[cool]Congrats on another nice tourney, Cliff. I'm gonna have to hook up with you this spring or early summer up at lake X, so you can educate me on fishing a drop shot rig (properly). Good luck to ya next tourney. I'm a bass fishing rookie (except for white bass-got a little experience there).
[signature]
That sounds like fun, if it starts to get back to normal temps, the fishing will be hot.
[signature]