Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake White Bass
The white bass fishing has really turned on at Utah Lake. They are staging at inlets getting ready to spawn. The action has been almost non-stop except during rainstorms. We've also caught a number of walleye. Most of the whites are running 10-13 inches. small curly-tail jigs and spinners seem to work best.
[signature]
NICE TO HEAR SOMEONE LAND SOME WHAIT BASS THANKS FOR THE REPORT. WELCOME TO THE BOARD
[signature]
[font "Arial"][black][size 3]Thanks for the report![/size][/black][/font]
[font "Arial"][black][black]U Lake is my nemesis!![/black] [/black][/font][font "Arial"]Fish keep eluding me there.[/font]
[signature]
Where exactly are they biting at?
[signature]
[cool]Sounds like anywhere there's an "inlet" (river/creek). I'd try the Provo River inlet near the State Park, if I was going after them, ocean. I believe that May is the month that the whities usually spawn at Utah Lake, if memory serves me correctly. I'm going to be going after bigger toothier specimens on Wednesday, so I doubt if I'll have any whitie action to tell ya about that night. Good luck when you go after 'em though.
[signature]
The whites typically don't spawn until the last week of May to the first week in June, depending on water temperature and runoff. I always used to get out of school the last day at the end of May and go hit the Provo River for them. Right now, you probably won't find them actually in the rivers yet, but staging near them for sure.
[signature]