Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay Lightpole
I am going up to Willard Bay this weekend and was looking for some good places, and good lures or bait to fish from shore with. Was also curious I heard some others talking about the Lightpole and artificial reef, were is this located and is it accessible from shore? Would love any help you can provide. Haven't been very lucky fishing this year yet!!

Thanks,

Josh[Wink]
[signature]
the lightpole is on the west dike it is indeed a lightpole can't miss it if you make it around there to get there take the turn off across from smith & edwards towards willard stay heading west on this road ( DO NOT TAKE THE TURN OFF TO THE S. MARINA ) go to the end where it will turn to dirt and simply follow it around

about the reef i dont think right now you will reach it from shore but from the SW. corner it is about 2/3 of the way down the dike before the next corner ( lightpole ) and is made up of what appered to be x-mas trees
[signature]
This reef? You must be talking about the island... thats way off shore and is made of tires.

There is a place called sunken trees which is to the south and east of the light pole maybe 75 yards southeast from the light pole. Beware of snags...

If you want smallies, just jig into the dikes' water and you will get into them. Good luck.
[signature]
[size 1]"This reef? You must be talking about the island... thats way off shore and is made of tires."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]I used to also believe it was made of tires, but actually it is nothing more than some rocks pushed up into a mound.[/size]
[signature]
Here is a map of Willard bay and some of the spots you were asking about. You might have to zoom it out. WH2
[signature]
[cool]Welcome to BFT/Utah, Josh. You'll like it here. Don't be a stranger with your reports (well, maybe if you get skunked).[Tongue]
[signature]
I want to thank everyone including Hooked Tackle, and the Academy!! for all the great info, and hopefully, NO...we better be successful this time......LOL. Well succesful for something....I just wanna catch some dang fish!![sly]

Thanks again, for everythihng,
[signature]