Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where at twin lake
i have been to twin lakes reservoir only once and i was wonderin when and where would be a good spot to go bluegill fishing at. i am trying to get back into fishing and i hear that these bluegills are good fun and good eatin.
clintryan,
Welcome to BFT.
IMO the bluegills will be biting much better in the Preston area lakes if you wait at least a week or two. At this time of the year the bluegills are getting ready to spawn and are searching out the warmest water in the lake. Early in the season I like to fish for the bluegills in the shallows (1-4 feet deep). If you don't catch the bluegills along the shore in one spot within 5 minutes move to another spot until you find them.
[signature]
By the end of May the bluegills should be stacked up in the south end of the south lake. Like Brian ID said you will find them in 1-4 feet of water. Don't be afraid to cast underneath the limbs of bushes. It seems like the bigger ones are in the brush.

Windriver
[signature]
I will be bluegill fishing probably at twin lakes on June 3rd and 4th.

Good Luck
Windriver
[signature]
i think i might be out there on the fourth so i will look for you maybe you can show me how to really catch some gills.

clint ryan
[signature]