Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mother's day at Willard
We did the Mothers day stuff early today and got to Willard around 3:30pm, as the first picture shows, the bay is full. We started trolling about halfway to the lightpole and picked up three small wipers. Once we got to the light pole we trolled toward the S/W corner and picked up one nice walleye. We next went to the S/E corner and trolled toward the South marina, picking up a 20 inch wiper and that was it for the day. It was a nice afternoon on the lake and the bugs were not a problem either. WH2
[signature]
Sounds like it was a pretty decent day...especially if the bugs took the day off! It's nice to see that place full again, been too long.
[signature]
I can't remember the last time Willard was this full and the water is still poring in. Not a lot of people at the bay yesterday so not only were there few bugs but it wasn't a problem finding a place to park. WH2
[signature]
Man that looks great,That water they let out of pinview last week looks like it toped willard off quick,Thats a really nice walleye to.
Thanks for the post and the pics.
FNF
[signature]
The slayer caught that nice 25 inch eye but we didn't weigh it, just sliped it back into the water to fight another day.
[signature]
Hey,WH2
What was the water temp.
Trolling speed,Lures used(OPTIONAL)
Thanks for any info,
FNF[cool]
[signature]
That is a nice eye . Way to go .
[signature]
Nice walleye Ira! Good to hear you released it.

So what did you catch it on ?
[signature]
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Nice report there guys. I was wondering if any BFTers would make it out on one of the only good days.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Water temp was 58* as we were coming out of the south marina but 61* along the west dike and 60* on the east side. We found the best speed to be 1.7 to 1.9mph, thats fish finder speed but I've checked it against a GPS and it is only .2 off compared to the GPS. The shad rap was again the lure that worked the best this time out. Your not planning to use this info against me in the tournament are you FNF?
[signature]