Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ririe Report
I fished from the pontoon in the morning using minnow patterns. I was looking for The cutts but only got two hits. I landed a really fat 16" smallmouth ( my biggest smallmouth yet). I was surprised at how hard it fought. It really pulled my tip into the water and headed for the rocks. I came back in the afternoon with my kids and a friend. We used his boat to troll. We ended up catching 7 cutts and 2 Kokanees. We were using wobbler spoons in yellow with red dots. None of the cutts were very big, but we had a good time over all. It will probably be several more weeks before the smallmouths really get going.

Windriver.
[signature]
windriver
I went out to ririe last tues. and tried the fly from the tube, I had no luck, i got one sucker and one other hit. It was way to windy for me to stay out there so I only was able to fish for about 1.5 hours. My buddy who came with me was fishing from the shore with worms and caught two nice smallmouths. They were about 13 inches but were really fat. He said that those things fought really hard. Thanks for the report.
fight4not
[signature]
Thanks for the reports.
It is good to hear that a few smallmouths over 12" are still in Ririe. I'm surprised you guys seem to be catching smallmouths consistently this early in May.
[signature]