Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pick one artifichical lure for the rest of your life.
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][black][size 3]Ok guys you have to pick one artificial lure to use for the rest of your life. You can change sizes and colors but it has to be the same lure. Don't get off track here, one lure, no live bait.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Bradley Hand ITC"][size 3]Please feel free to give your reasons for choosing this bait. [/size][/font]
[signature]
Thats a toughie, but i would have to go with one of maniacs custom made 5" tubes.
[signature]
Have to be sencos for me. Maniac also makes some great ones that last longer.
[signature]
I would stay with the rubber goodies in the plastic bags. Since there are Worms, brushhogs, lizards, grubs and leeches, I would keep the brushhogs.

The brushhogs have worked well for me in fresh and salt water.[cool]
[signature]
Curly tail jig. There are so many sizes/colors available, and you can catch just about any species out there off of them. They may not be the best choice for each species, but overall I'd have to say they'd be the best. Small ones for perch, crappie, bluegill and other panfish. 2" size for white bass, smallies, etc. and some trout. Larger for walleye, largemouth bass, pike and musky, etc.
[signature]
Hey there guys,

The leadhead jig is the best all-arouund, all-season, all-species, and all-mighty ruler of the water column.

What dressings, colors, material, add-ons (eyes, hoographic tape variations can you use ?? Got Imagination ?

Rubber skirts, porkrinds, fish skins, feathers, tube lures, hair, plastic softbaits/swimbaits/grubs/worm rigs, scents, artificial varmits, freshwater/saltwater larger species flies (leadhead/eye flies right !)

Leadhead Setups, breadth of tackle that can be used to fish them, weight, hook size and style, depth fished, head design to match enviorment (bottom, structure or hydro dynamic), retrieval technology... you name it.

Depending on the head design, dressing, and weight, the leadhead can be fished from top to bottom.

JapanRon
[signature]
I'll have to go with Northland Tackle's Mimic Minnow with the spinner blade. That way you have a jig head that looks like a fishes head. You have the fish style body. You can remove the wire with the blade on it or use it just like a regular spinner bait with the fish body instead of the usual spinnerbait skirt. It's a multi-functional set-up.

Best part is, you can get them through Cabela's online right now! Just click on their link up at the top of this page.
[signature]
crankbait
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 5]My favorite would have to be a beetle spin type lure with a twister tail on it. The only fish i haven't caught on this lure is a steelhead, probably because i haven't tried it yet. [Wink] [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9961;][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 4]Crank bait? Sure you don't just want to say anything with hooks attached to it?? lol[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I'd have to go with a curly tail grub. You might not catch any monsters on it but you can still catch alot of fish.
Get ready to laugh....

Red and White "Red Devil" spoon, about 2", a little on the fat side...When nothing else is working, it always seems to do the trick. I've caught goldeye, walleye, rainbow trout, jackfish, various bass, and just about anything else that might be hungry for a minnow in any kind of water. My all time favorite artificial bait.

Dubie
[signature]
Berkeley soft tubes. If I lived up North then I would have to go with a ThinFin for walleye. Down here in Texas we don't have many walleye and it was hard to pick between the Berkeley soft tube and a Rattletrap or plastic worm. Imagine the soft tube would catch bigger fish both smallmouth and largemouth. You don't make it easy on a fella do ya! Ok, Berkeley soft tube.
[signature]
You must be a dentist....[shocked]

only one lure or one peice of candy in a candy shop full of lures!!!!....[sly]

picking only one lure is hard to do when you become proficent with a number of lures.

I could not choose only one lure, I fish for a number of different speices and they dont all respond to the same lures.

How do I choose? [ul] [li]the lure that brought in the biggest fish[/li] [li]the lure that has brought in the most fish[/li] [li]the lure that holds the sharpest hooks[/li] [li]the lure that just looks good in my box[/li] [li]the most expencive lure to impress my buds[/li] [li]the cheepest lures to show it aint what ya got it is how ya use it?[/li][/ul]
just two days ago I pulled in 150 Largemouth Bass with a rubber worm and 10 years ago I wouldnt give you a dime for a whole crate full of them...

Ok I will choose, it was a single gold #10 arbordeen hook. no bait live or artificial.

reason, I told a couple buds that the fish bit so good in my lake they would hit on a bare hook. they came out with me and I was catching fish hand over fist and they were not even getting a bite. To make matters worse I proceeded to back up my earlier statement about fishing with a bare hook, and wouldnt ya know it, I started pulling in fish hand over fist with a bare hook hand over fist and still my buds sitting in the same boat casting in the same spot as me could not catch a cold.

"I was only show boating and trying to even the playing feild" to smoth things over I bought breakfast after we got off the water. It was agree to that or get thrown out of my own boat [laugh]
[signature]
A single bare hook!!![shocked]

There is nothing better than fishing on credit[cool]
[signature]
I would say a goldfish lure...been catchin a few on it lately
[signature]
A 1/8 ounce jig head with a white 2" curl tail grub.

Will catch 'em anywhere!!
[signature]
ANY COLOR OF KRYSTAL FLASH BUGGER, OR SEAL BUGGER
[signature]
Bomber Suspending (Long A Minnow) - I like the red and white or red and white with a lime stripe, jointed or not. 4-1/2" long with a small bill on the front - floats, dives shallow, drives the fish to bite! I've caught snook, speckled trout, redfish and too many blues and jacks to count with that lure. There are some great big fish in the Gulf that kept one for themselves, too. A close copy is made by Excaliber and generic brands are available. (At the risk of advertising, ww.jacksinternational.com has some good prices)
[signature]