Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
headin' to strawberry
well, im finally going to head up to strawberry. it will be my first time there since octobober...im having withdrawals! anybody been lately? any success or failure stories? what baits are working? i think we'll troll pop gear and worms, flatfish, rapalas, and maybe a shiner or two. good luck to everyone heading up!
[signature]
well, it was a slow day at strawberry! the lake has clearly turned and the fish are not taking...at least for my fishing party. anyone else go up? there were plenty of people trying- i wonder if anyone had success? we only caught two, and i saw one guy catch a chub.

we left strawberry at 1pm and headed down to deer creek. it was way windy, but we managed to catch around ten bows. they ranged from 12-17 inches...not great, but fun none-the-less.

ill tell you- those wake board boats put off some wake! some of them need to learn a little etiquette! a few of them were coming too close to fisherman, plowing through wakeless zones, and being generally disrespectful. they managed to send one wave over the back of my 18.5 foot ski boat! i feel really bad, and scared, for the smaller boats on there today! if they can get a wave over my boat i cant imagine what they were doing to some of the aluminum boats around the island!

anyways, all in all it wasnt too bad- but i think ill head back to the gorge next!
[signature]
Thanks for the strawberry report. Too bad it was bad timing with the lake turning over. Can't wait untill it settles down. I am hoping to give it a try in a few weeks.
[signature]
[cool]Glad you got into the 'bows at Deer Creek, but from what I've heard in the past, what you had today with the wakeboarders is standard procedure for them out there.[mad] If I ever start fishing that lake, I'm going to have the park ranger's number on speed dial on my cell. Same thing with Jordanelle, except I have fished it, but mainly in the rockcliff arm, and it isn't as bad with wakeboarders as the rest of the lake can get.[pirate]
[signature]
I also hit the Berry yesterday and got royally skunked. I fished the shore at The Ladders. Got there between 7:30 & 8 am and the bank was crowded. Lots to tubes, pontoons, and boats and I didn't see any body catching. I asked around a bit to see what everybody was using. The fish had a full on buffet of worms, power bait, tube jigs, marshmellows, wolley buggers, & nymphs & they were just not interested. Glad to hear you faired better at Deer Creek. We hit the Nell on the way home over @ Rock Cliff and it was the same story there. Talked to a few guys as they were coming off the lake got a big fat nothing all the way around. We'll get 'em next time.
[signature]
I was there all day and Got skunked as well
[signature]