Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 + day @ Willard (5-14-05)
Fished Willard today from 1:00-8:00 with HA69. We headed out to the spot that has produced fish for the last few weeks and luckly they still had not moved. It took about half an hour before we got the first fish, it was a 20" walleye (see pic) and shortly after picked up an other 20" walleye, both fish where released. The fishing was steady picking up a mix of walleye and wipers the biggest wiper was 20" that HA69 caught and it was released also, he can't post the pic because he left his camera in my truck[mad]. Most of the wipers where around 14-16". Surface temperature was 61 degrees when we got there and got as warm as 64 degrees.
[signature]
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Mike. I can't wait to get after some Wipers this year. Question: are the waterskiers starting to show up in droves yet out there? As BLM said in another thread, now that the water is much deeper this year, I'm sure there's gonna be a ton of them, the likes of which we haven't seen out there in about 5 years.
[signature]
The water skiers are starting to show up. It hasn't been too bad yet but it is only going to get worse. Willard is more wide open than pineview or deer creek so I havn't had too many problems with water skiers and wake boarders but they do like sking right where I like to fish.
[signature]
Can't believe I spaced off the camera . Oh well . I think it was my best walleye day ever for numbers .
[signature]
Sounds like you guys had a great trip! Still haven't gotten out to Willard as of yet...need to soon. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
Do you have any suggestions where to fish? I have been there about 5 times in the last 2 weeks and only picked up 3. If you would like to show me sometime we can take my boat.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Mike, it sounds like the catching is really starting to improve. Now that the water temp is staying above 60* the catching should be a little more constant. Now if the weather will just cooperate for the tournament.
[signature]