Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can anyone guess where these pictures were taken?
If you know the general area do you know what this spot is called? WH2
[signature]
looks like its on the gorge somewhere,possiblity around the swim beach area.
[signature]
Antalope flats at the gorge?
[signature]
Looks to me like they were taken on a lake![Tongue] I would guess the gorge, but since I know so little about it, I wouldn't know where.
[signature]
Swim Beach at The Gorge
[signature]
Kokeking and Kentofnsl are right, thanks for taking a guess guys. Here are a couple of shots I took of another area at the Gorge any more guesses? No pictures of fish this go around, we are still learning the areas and all we caught were pup macks and kokes. WH2
[signature]
ok both pics are still on the gorge.first one looks around the squaw hollow area on the west side against some cliffs.

Second one looks like leaving horseshoe canyon,or farther down the lake ,around hideout.
[signature]
Wrong on the first guess but the second guess is right on the money. The first picture is Horseshoe canyon also, I just took the picture going threw the canyon and angled the camera straight up. You must fish the Gorge a lot or these are your favorite spots. WH2
[signature]
I do fish the gorge alot,and usually run from lucerene to the dam and back about twice a year.
[signature]
Up until this year I have mainly fished the area between Hideout and the Red cliff area of Sheep creek. I have never been all the way to the dam, is the fishing better in that area?
[signature]
I have never fished around the dam,usually just taking a friend or family member to the dam on the boat.When i fish the utah part of the gorge its usually linwood ,horseshoe or sheep creek. i spend the biggest part of my time on the wyoming side.
[signature]
This picture will be a little too easy for you guys that live close but it's a sight we haven't seen in many years.
WH2
[signature]
middle ramp south marina ,water level is staying right there for the past 2 weeks they are letting it out of the sypons as fast as its coming in.
[signature]
Willard south marina. WHOOOEEEE, WATER LEVEL LOOKIN' MIGHTY GOOD!!!
[signature]
I noticed the same thing on Friday. When I saw how much water was coming down threw the baffles I thought the Bay would be a lot higher than it was when that picture was taken. I guess it was a lot hotter this week and everyone are finally using their seconday water. WH2
[signature]
al that water is being dumped on willard spur.
[signature]
I'm not familiar with the Willard spur, where or what is it?
[signature]
if you walked over the dike at the lite pole and look west that is the willard spur all water from there heads to lake . they can dump water out of willard as fast as it comes in. i wish the idiot would stop dumping it and raise the lake another 2 feet it might be time for another call to weber basin water. notice they put the dredging of till fall now those idiots could have drove front end loaders all over that marina when it was low and ill qurentee you the will draw it down low just so they can dredge. every one thinks it was the drought that made it so low in the past.but hte truth is they drawed it down so low so they could do all that work in the channel. its just like last year they had that mud sucking dredge going up and down the channel sucking up all the walleye spawn in the channel. they realy piss me of the way they run that whole program.
[signature]
I'm thinking that they did the dredging the last couple years to get the channel sediment out so they could get water from the bay to even run back to the pumps without carrying a big load of silt that would eat the guts outta their pumps.
[signature]
Here is a picture of the latest water level at Willard's south marina ramp, since the last time I posted a picture of the ramp you can see how it has raised to cover the concrete parking area. I don't remember it ever being this high, at least since they made the ramp concrete. WH2
[signature]