Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Water shoes for use with stockingfoot waders and fins
I just thought I would share last night I was at Wal-Mart and came across something I had been looking for for the past couple of years now. I needed something to protect the bottom of my neoprene stockingfoot waders while getting in and out of my tube at the shoreline and walking to and from the car. Before, I would just park close to the bank and tread lightly hoping I didn't wear down or puncture the bottom of my waders while putting on fins and getting into the tube.

Last night at Wal-Mart, I found they had water shoes on sale. These are extremely seasonal items and they will probably be gone next week so if you want them you better act fast. I almost didn't find one the right size (two sizes bigger than my regular shoe size, to fit over the stockingfoot wader with thick socks underneath). It fit perfectly when I tried it when I got home, and still fit well into my Stillwater fins! I'm excited. These shoes are some kind of stretchy nylon material, with hard rubber soles. The best part is they only cost just over 4 bucks! I'll post up a couple of pics when I get the chance, which might not be till end of next week -- I got a take a trip for work to Phoenix from Sunday night through Wednesday night.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks for the headsup, Kevin. In the attached pic, from a past post and in the picture board thread on tubing fins and footwear, I show a couple of pairs of these lightweight waterproof slippers, with the hard soles. They are ideal for wearing over neoprene, if you can find a pair large enough. The hard sole helps protect your boot soles from damage and they are light and strong. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In the pic below, #3 and #4 are both water shoes. I think you will be happy you found them. Be sure to give us a report later.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9664;]
[signature]
Yes, they are just like #3 and 4. I'll be sure to post a report and picks when I get a chance.
[signature]
Here they are (finally), the pictures of my new VERY inexpensive water shoes:
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10432;]
Feel free to use them on the pictures board. I bet Wal-Mart still has a few left if anyone else is interested in them.
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=10433;]
[signature]