Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who's gonna win - the trash tralking smack has begun
I took a friend of mine and his father fishing for wipers today - neither one had ever caught one.
[Smile]Needless to say it was a beautiful day: no wind, no crowds, very few bugs, very warm temperatures, and a 20+ fish day consisting of wipers and eyes. Some of the wipers were the 2 to 3.5 lb fish and many were the smaller ones. I think I may have captured two more warm water fishermen. They really enjoyed catching these fish and are going to try them as table fare. Did it really hit 93 today? [shocked]

Attached photos include a down flag on the planer board and a couple of happy anglers - future BFTer's[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 3] Hi there fonduvfishin, I saw that boat of yours today at Smith and Edwards , glad to hear that you guys had a great day. i am planning on being out to Willard Saturday morning for a while.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Thanks for the report, sounds like a good day on the pond. What area of the bay were you fishing today? WH2
[signature]
We fished the south end of the bay from the West dike all the way east past the feed lot. Trolling at 2-3 mph, with Shad Raps and Rattle-traps in blue/chrome, perch, and shad patterns. Fish are scattered around and require covering ground (or is that water ) to catch them. Good luck out there today, hopefully you'll be able manuever around the "armada." [Wink]
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I were also out there yesterday but we left by 2pm, what time did you catch most of your fish? We caught a few Walleye and Smallmouth but the wipers were few and far between. We fished the West dike the first thing in the morning then fished the East side until we left. WH2
[signature]
We began @ 7:30 and fished unitl 1:30 (6 hours) and the bite was steady throughout that time. Maybe you saw us when you crossed the pond, next time we'll have to share info on the radio (forgot them at home)[unsure]
[signature]
We saw your boat but I wasn't sure if you were a BFT member,do you have any BFT stickers on your boat? We were in a 18 ft Lowe with the main and kicker motors being Mercury, electric on the front. We were marking few fish on the West side thats why we moved but it sounds like we should have stayed put. It sure is amazing how much water is still coming into Willard. WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]I believe you weren't marking fish because the wipers were working the upper water column. We didn't mark hoards of fish all day but the bite was steady. We fished the west side from 9:00am to 4:00pm and had double hook ups at times. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]At 68 degree surface temp, those fish are off the bottom a ways and probably spreading out from under the boat when you came over so you're not seeing them. Funny thing was, our inside lines were more productive than our boards. Go figure...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
That was going to be my next question, how deep were his lures running but you answered it before I ask it, thanks. When we were on the West side we were fishing too deep and didnot try the shallow stuff until we moved. I don't know how close to the shore you got but on the East side the carp and shap were in the shallows and they it looked like they were spawning or getting ready to.
[signature]
I do have a decal on the port side window, I suppose I could add more but I don't want to be a floating billboard either.[laugh]
I read BLM's reply and I have to agree with the assesment on the wipers being higher up in the water column. We also had several instances of doubles including one where the double was a wiper in the net thrashing about and embedding a hook into the skipper's finger (including the barb), had to cut the hook off the lure and push it through more flesh (it still hurts)[pirate]
I graphed quite a few fish in the 12-18 foot range though. I'm not sure they want to add much more water though or it will be spilling over into the pigpens!
[cool]
By the way, I saved the two longest wipers and froze em whole for some tournement I'm fishing in a couple of weeks...then again my partner and I are banking on the two biggest fresh fish anyway-$$$.
[red][size 3]I believe it's time for the trash talking and smack to begin.....[Wink][/size][/red]
[signature]
i agree there as been hardly any thrash talk at all me myself i'll just let all the fish i catch do the talking!!
[signature]
Minnows don't add up to much Chris, and furthermore, neither will your quantity of fish - are you familiar with the big donut?
[signature]
the defending champs are going to be hard to beat, and dont count out mgb and hellsangler they could give the boomerang crew a run for there money.
[signature]
What Petty4Life said.

Our team (last years runner up) are onto acouple good schools. I just hope they don't move. I will be out following them tommarow.
[signature]
POLO, You reading this smack.[Tongue]
Hope you guys can live with 2nd place.[Wink]
I'm jelouse you guys get to get out so much so keep posting and me and polo might have a chance.
later,FNF
[signature]
I can't live with second place, always wanting to do better.

Tony,I will not under estimate you, you seem to catch some nice ones quite often. We beat you last year by only an 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch.

Good luck to ya.
[signature]
With all due respect, we acknowledge the talent, skill, and experience of the champions, but all good things come to an end. There will be a cinderalla story this time around, good luck to all those who are fishing for second, third, etc...
[Wink] [cool]

[black] "[font "Times New Roman"]May the force be with you"[/font][/black]
[signature]
oh larry now you did it you played the cinderalla card LOL if that is the story to be told this tourament is mine !!! after all i did come in last last year with one little 13" wiper
[signature]
What was so fun about last year was watching my son catching all the fish but one,and that fish took third in the tourney,haha.you never know whats going to happen.and putting two in the boat should make it intresting.
good luck to everyone,its going to be fun.
Later,FNF[cool]

The pic is my son and Teroy with a double last year
[signature]