Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 5-21-05
Fished Willard the first part of the day by myself. The wind was blowing for the first 3 hours and put a good chop on the water and afew white caps. Ended up boating 7 wipers and 1 walleye and released all of them, three of the wipers had some size to them plus lost acouple that where putting up a good fight. The surface temp only reached 64 degrees while I was there.

Ran into SmokerCraft out on the water he said he had a good day of walleye fishing. I see him almost every time I go to Willard I am not sure who fishes it most out of us.
[signature]
Glad to hear that you made it out. I wish our schedules worked out a little better so we could fish together. We will see what this week brings. We fly fished the west dike in the afternoon. Fishing was not as fast as we had hoped with this great weather, but we all managed to hook a few. I thought I had a monster wiper, but it turned out to be a 11 lb carp! All fish fought well. Did see one other boat hook up a few times. He was trolling really fast. Could not see what he was using. Jake
[signature]
MGB glad to hear you hooked into the fish I think I know the guy your talking about his first names Kent he fishes willard heavy and is probably one of the better fisherman out there he definitly loves to fish willard If you get a chance hit him up for some advice on eyes he will have the most up to date info.
Don
[signature]
You are right his name is Kent. I've talked a couple times with him about walleyes and he sure loves to fish for them. He seems to know alot about them. I seen him again today from a distance and we both gave a wave as he drove by.
[signature]