Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 5/22/05
fished willard with fishcrazy 0830-1330 didn't catch a fish until 1130 when we finally found a school worked back and forth over them and ended up with 11 small wipers lost several more including a triple hookup where all three fish came off....strange
[signature]
I was at willard tody also. I had the same experience, no wipers just 1 walleye untill 11:00 then I boated 5 wipers during the next hour then it shut down and I was only able to catch 1 more walleye after that. Two wiper where 19" the other three where about 14"-16". Has anyone been foul hooking the small wipers while trolling lately? Every time I go I foul hook acouple like they are trying to ram the lure instead of biting it.
[signature]
Mike-A couple of Wipers we got were hooked kind of funny,we only found one spot were we were able to hook any Wipers.What did you get the Walleyes on?

Mike
[signature]
Did anyone have their radios on today. I called several times but there were no answers.I was at Willard and was looking for any advise I could get.
It was my first time at willard, I didn't get there until 1130. We trolled west out of the south marina. We were pulling blue shad plugs shallow and deep, We found a school of small wipers that we worked over for a while but didn't find any 14's or bigger. I caught my 1st Wiper ever , I 'll post a pic later. We stayed at it till about 6:30 then headed home. Total count for the day was 14 fish for 2 fishers. None over 12"
[signature]
Mike-I caught the walleyes on a black&silver shad rap and a greenish rapala tail dancer using leaded line. They both hit when I was making a turn and the lure was bouncing on the bottom.

Troll - Sounds like you did just as good as most people I've talked to. I had my radio on channel 12. I heard a little talk but I couldn't make out what was been said. Too bad we didn't touch bases out there today.
[signature]