Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard last night
Hit the west dike around 6:30 last night. We managed to get 3 to shore, had a few more hook ups but didn't get them in. Yes I agree they are acting funny with the lures. We had plenty checking the lures out but not hitting them. We could see them chasing it.
[signature]
Thanks for the report Sandy, was there any size to the wipers? How bad was the bugs? WH2
[signature]
The ones we got were between 18 and 20 inches. The bugs were bad but I have seen them worse. Because the water is so high you are pretty much standing right where they are.
[signature]
My son and I float tubed Willard last night for the last two hours of daylight. We were in the southeast corner. I had one rod rigged for walleye with a bottom walking sinker and a worm harness with silver spinner blade, and the other rod rigged for wiper with a charteuse Storm wildeye curly tail minnow. I caught one small walleye on the wiper setup, and two small catfish on the walleye setup. My son got a couple of hits but didn't hook up.

Yes, the bugs were really bad. Midges, not mosquitoes. We thought it would be better once we got out on the water a ways, but I think it was worse out there. We were totally covered with them. It was a nice sunset though, and a beautiful evening on the water.