Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5/28/05 sat morning fishing for tigers, anyone?
I will be coming up to Utah for memorial weekend and I want to get up to Pineview again. I have fished for tigers for 3 years with no bites. Anybody that knows how to fish for them please help me with soem info or can take me out. one of the problems is that I do not have a boat to get out to them, but shouldnt they be in close right now? Is the north side of cemetary point any good where the rocks are at? Any info is more than I already know so please feel free.
Thanks
Todd
[signature]
Change your focus from rocks to submerged brush right now. The tigers are an ambush predator and like to tuck up into the submerged brush and dart out to grab baitfish that are passing by.

Good Luck...
[signature]
thanks for the info. I bet the lake is filled up all the way as well right? What are some good spots where therebis usually submerged brush?
Thanks
[signature]
The reservior is very near it's full level now and honestly 90% of the shore line has submerged brush. With several years of low water a lot of stuff grew on the then exposed banks. Now its all underwater and is making for prime habitiat for all kinds of fish species.

I prefer the east side of the lake because of easier access to the shore line with out a boat.
[signature]
I have been to pineview 3 times this year. I have fished the rocks 2 of those times. The rocks are a good place for smally's, but the problem is it's so slow right now. I only catch about 3 every time i go. I have only caught 2 tigers on the rocks, about 3 years ago though. That is however where i caught my bigest so far, 37 in. just 3 in shy of keeping it. I wouldn't fish for tigers at the rocks. If there is someone that will take you out in a boat that would be your best bet for catching one. I would fish in/on top of, the brush for them. I have gone this time of year and you can see them sitting there in the brush. It is very fun fishing for them. The best thing i have found to use for them is an imitation of a fish/part curly tail and white in color with a orange jig head.
Hope you catch a monster.

have fun.

Rabid Fisher
[signature]