Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malad Area Reservors
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Saturday (5/21/05) was the first time in four weeks that I have had time to go fishing.[Smile] I wasn’t able to leave Pocatello until almost 3 pm but was still able to get in close to 5 hours of fishing before dark.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]I drove past Devil Creek Reservoir on my way. From the Interstate it looks like it is still full of water.[/font][/size]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Crowthers Reservoir was also completely full of water and the water temp along the shoreline was above 70 degrees at the dam and was as warm as 74 degrees in a couple places on the N end of the reservoir. The water was slightly off colored with visibility around 3 or 4 feet in most places. If anyone has seen or caught LMB, perch, carp or any other species out of Crowthers in the last couple of years I would like to here about it.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Deep Creek (aka Lower Deep Creek Reservoir) was also completely full. A small section of the road between the dam and the boat ramp (South shore) was coved with about 1 foot of water from the reservoir. I was able to get my truck through this in 2 wheel drive and a couple people towing boats as well as one group in a car had crossed this so it isn’t a major obstruction. The water was as warm as 72 degrees along the shoreline in places. The water visibility was around 3 or 4 feet in most places and there was also a quite a bite of moss and other stuff floating on the surface of the reservoir. If anyone has caught a bass or anything besides rainbow trout out of Deep Creek in the last couple years I would like to here about it.[/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Upper Deep Creek Reservoir has more water in it than I have seen in several years. It was about 5 feet below the high water mark and might actually fill this year. If anyone has ever fished this I would like to hear about how you did. There isn't very good public access to this reservior and I doubt it has many fish in it if any at all so I didn't bother to try fishing it.[/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Weston Reservoir was also completely full. The water along the shoreline was above 70 degrees in a couple places but most of the shoreline was in the mid 60’s. The water was the most clear at this reservoir.[/size][/font]
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Most fishermen shouldn’t have much trouble catching the recently planted trout out of any of the four reservoirs mentioned above. All also have some carry over fish from last year. I haven’t seen Crowthers, Deep Creek or Weston full of water in 4+ years so hopefully this is the year that they begin to recover from the drought. [/font][/size]
[signature]