Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wednesday Utah Lake -- Kitty report
Fishhound and I fished the north end of Utah Lake last evening. We caught over 15 channel cats (had two break off), countless mud cats, and one white bass. Nothing huge, the largest was 5 pounds 12 ounces. We talked to a couple guys who had caught a 10 and 12 pounder during the same time that we fished, and had caught some even larger ones earlier in the week. Anchored the boat and then casted in within a foot or two of shore. Caught them on chubs, shrimp, crawlers and sucker meat. I couldn't buy a bite on perch. A little windy but manageable, and the wind kept the bugs away. Fun trip with plenty of action.
[signature]
Sound like a great day for both of you. Hopefully we have the same success when we head down Saturday night.
[signature]
Cowboy Up!
Kent; Good to see you guys got into em! You certainly faired better than someone in our boat. Darn that 2lb test! LOL!!
Btw, let me make it perfectly clear, it was I tossing the #2, right BillyBam!, LOL!!

Pat; I'm glad to see your still thinning out the eye. Those darn things just keep getting in the way of my Kittie huntin'. [Wink]
[signature]
[size 1]"Pat; I'm glad to see your still thinning out the eye. Those darn things just keep getting in the way of my Kittie huntin'. [Wink] "[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]I can't believe that there are two of us that give equal (and maybe even a little more) respect to the channel cats over the walleye. As far as a fighting fish cats win hands down, and because I am often a catch and release type of guy give me the fish that gives me the most fight (and catfish have a tummy more like mine -- so I can relate to them easier). Now -- those mudcats are another story -- their purpose in life is to steal bait before the channels have a chance to bite, but they do perform a good role as an easy fish for the kids to catch.[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1][/size]
[signature]
I agree Kent.
Darn those stubborn big headed little bait thieves, lol! But sometimes Muds do come in handy,, like,, keep the youngster's attention glued to their fishin' poles. And for that, if nothing else, they probably do deserve some respect..
As far as chewing on them, as a youngster my buddies and I would spend many a weekend camping in the LB area and catching litterally bucket loads of muddies. Once home again one of my buddies mother would then bake us up a crap load of muds after coating them with something. I have to admit they were pretty tasty but I'll be darned if I know what she used to coat em. I'd like to find out what it was but Sadly she past away years ago..[unsure]
[signature]