Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kitty Litter - Utah Lake 5/25
Hey Kent, Great day on the Lake - THANX !

Went to Lindon with kentofnsl and his boat yesterday at about 3 pm. Upon arriving and launching for our fishing fest we were immediately greated by the site of TubeDude and TubeBabe leisurely starting out in the marina on their tubes. We exchanged some short salutations and then we were on our way - to hot spots that were unfamiliar to us both. When I saw the surf kicking up, I was greatful we were in Kent's big boat instead of my little tin trawler.
The day was fabulous for fishing and the catching started right away. After boating a couple of fish in our newly found hot spot, we weighed anchor and went to the AF boat harbor - where we almost had the place to ourselves. Kent anchored at a likely looking spot along the rocks and brush and then the catching started. The two of us boated about 6 or 7 really nice channel cats each (most weighing about 4 - 5 lbs - the largest we caught was to be Kent's at 5 lb 12 oz) along with an undisclosed number of muds and a solo white bass(that is now in my freezer waiting to be Utah Lake cat food(bait)). Our bait of choice for the day ? ... Carp, Sucker, Perch, Minnows, Crawlers, and Shrimp - If I am not mistaken, all baits were successfull in catching a cat(with the exception of the huge perch Kent tried for a while). We released most of our catches but, I did get to take some cats home for dinner(those unreleaseable ones that upon swallowing a hook become more tasty looking) - thanks to the graciousness of Kent - today I will have a fish fry with some really big fillets.

It's always a nice day fishing when I loose count of how many fish we've caught, lost or released.
[signature]
Chuck -- looks like we were making our posts at the same time. Fun trip -- it was a pleasure fishing with you -- enjoy the kitties.
[signature]
Hey Kent,

Great day ! Hope I didn't talk your ear off. I was up untill 1:30 am last night cleaning fish. I really need to get TubeDude to show me the right way to fillet those big cats. I seem to botch it up pretty good and waste a lot of meat - however, my cat doesn't mind too much having the "leftovers".
[signature]
Between yours and Kents postings about yesterday I can tell you guys had a good time tangling with the kitties. Great to hear it![Wink]

Just dont forget the sweet cornbread and/or corn on the cob when ya cook the kitties! GOOD STUFF![Wink]
[signature]