Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Lake
We made it back to Bear Lake Saturday afternoon and hit the rockpile at about 3:00pm. We counted 10 boats on the rockpile and everyone was jigging. We decided to try trolling rapalas again since it worked for us before. We picked up one 11 pounder around 4:00 and had a few other hits. As soon as the sun starting going down the other boats left and there was only us and one other boat out there. I switched to a thunderstick that looked like a cisco and landed two 8 pounders within 15 minutes around 5:30. The other boat was still jigging and catching a fish about every 10 minutes. I asked them what they were jigging and they said they were using small tubes without being tipped. They had been there all day and that was the hottest action they had. I'm planning on hitting again today from about 3:00 until the sun the goes down.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I love late season fishing on Bear Lake. The fishing should be good throughout the fall and winter. Can't beat a day when you catch 2 eight pounders and an 11 pounder! Hope your fishing trip this evening is equally prosperous. Are you releasing your fish or are you keeping any? Just wondering..........[/size][/font]
[signature]
Most of the big ones we catch we release. The smaller macs around five pounds are the ones we keep. Nothing like a few pictures and kiss good bye to the big ones.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]My sentiments exactly. Eat the small tasty ones and let big greasy brother go to catch another day.[/size][/font]
[signature]