Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon ?
[#000050]Hi all! Anyone around here use a pontoon boat? I'm in St. Paul and thinking about getting one. I've never seen one in use around here though. I'm leaning towards an Outcast Fish Cat Cougar. Mostly used for bass fishing on lakes.[/#000050]
[#000050]Just wondering what MN folks thought about these. [/#000050]
[#000050]Thanks -MDT[/#000050]
[signature]
I'm not sure where your looking but there are pontoons every where.
[signature]
Huh, that's interesting. I haven't seen one. I ended up ordering a FC Cougar this afternoon anyhow. Thanks
If anyone else is interested, Eagle Outdoors in CO. gave me one for $499 when I placed the order by phone. So call if you are interested. They were pretty nice too.

(P.S. I hope I don't sound like an idiot, but I am talking about the small, one man, pontoon boats with oars that are mostly used for fly fishing. I really haven't seen one in use.)
[signature]
Where did you get a pontoon for only $499? That's a great price! If you have a photo, that would be even better.

I'm still working on getting my boat up and running but I dream of one day having a nice pontoon so I can wander around the thing, fishing from all sides and possible spots from the party barge. They are great for cruising around and, in many cases, give you plenty of room for fighting that monster fish.

Heh, just read your "PS". You're talking about the pontoon float tube. I've seen those at Gander Mountain and Sportsman's Warehouse. I've seen people with them. Heck, [url http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...read]click here[/url] for photo's of your pontoons. Plenty of people use them. Maybe not so much here in Minnesota waters, but people do like them. Personally, I think they'd be quite stable. Then again, it depends on which one you get also.
[signature]
[#500028]Exactly, the float tube type. Although, it's pretty different from a float tube. [/#500028]

[Image: outcast-fc-cougar.jpg]
[signature]
Sorry, I thought you were talking about a pontoon boat. Not a float tube.

I change my answer to NO, I don't see many of those around.
[signature]
LOL hattrk...

so, when are we gonna get together for some fishing fun?

mdtolic, where abouts are you?
[signature]
I'm in St. Paul. I pretty much fish the small, east-metro lakes from shore. But I'm looking forward to actually getting out on the water with this pontoon boat.
[signature]
Cool, I'm up the road in Fridley. I usually hit the lakes up in this area. I'm slowly starting to expand to other lakes.
[signature]