Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hands were bleeding after our day at Willard
What a day at the bay, those wipers were kicking our butts and sticking us with their spines. It's hell when the blood that is flowing is your own. Wiperslayer and I found them the first thing in the morning around 8:30 or 9am and stayed on them for several hours. We moved, hoping to find some bigger wipers but never did, so we went back to where we started. When we saw BLM we were on our third school of wipers and after we caught number 31 we called it a day. We had several double hookups but the high light of the day was our first ever quad(4) hookup, man that keep us busy. We caught a couple of 12 inchers but most were 14 with a few 15 and one 17 incher. If was our best day at the bay this year even if they were smaller wipers. I sure hope on Tournament day we can find some bigger wipers. WH2
[signature]
Nice job Curt, 31, now thats a good day in anybodies book. It seems to me the size of the wipers is getting a bit smaller as the water temp rises. Or maybe the big ones are a bit deeper now that the water is up. I'm going to try and get out there tomorrow morning and see what happens. Went last Sunday only to find out both batteries were deader than the carp I was smellin on shore. Got the boat in the water but not off the trailer. The lady didn't even give me back my 9 bucks when I went back through the gate 15 minutes later. She did say she liked my hat though.
[signature]
Thanks for replying to my post Rob, I was wonder if you were still hanging around the BFT board. I've been keeping an eye out for you but haven't seen you lately at the bay. Sorry to hear about your boat problems but I know what thats all about. Yesterday was the first time this year I've had my boat out that I did not have a problem with it, hopefully I'll be good for the rest of the year now. If you go out in your boat 8 times this year it would pay to buy a state parks pass, $70.00 is a chunk of change but it's more than worth it when you go out as much as I do. Yesterday was my 7th time at the bay this year and now that fishing is picking up so will my fishing trips. I hope your trip to Willard tomorrow will be a good one, have you been to the Gorge yet this year?
[signature]