Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 5/28
Me and my son got on the lake around 11:30 today and head to the south end,I think some guys are telling fish story's,HA,HA.
We didn't get a bite from the southwest corner to where we ended up.We finally found the mother load,lot of small fish mixed in but managed to catch and realease some big fish, a couple of 22" some 19" and one that was 24 3/4"pulled the board right under.All fish where realeased.14 fish total.If they stay put which they probably wont we should do well on the tourney,I cant believe you guys stirred me in the wrong direction[Tongue].
Oh well,after the tourney things will get back to normal around here.
Water temp.was 69
Trolled at 1.6-2.0 MPH on the finder.
Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
So any walleye and what were they biting on?
[signature]
Nope,No walleye,I haven't even hooked one this year.alot of people out enjoying the water today,seen a few guys right outside the north marina giving it a try,but with all the boat traffic I dont think it would have been all that good.so I kept on the move.
[signature]
Tony, believe nothing you read or hear and only half of what you see for the next 7 days.

All turned out well for ya anyway, thats some of the bigger fish I have heard of for a while.
[signature]
Yes,and there mine!
Just kidding Mike,I trolled with some planer boards today and fished water I always just pass on bye,To tell you the truth thats the biggest wiper I have ever caught,and that planner board under the water made it feel even bigger,When I got the board off I could tell how big it was and babied it to the net,My son was freaking out,when I released it.Be cause its the biggest one he has seen.I finally found them suckers cant wait tell next weekend,its gonna be fun.
Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
Nice Report , Tony . I would never steer you wrong . Them other guys should be a shame of themselves . What U using and where ? [cool] Water temp just right for me .
[signature]
Lets just say there was not another boat around,and I never see guys fish this place they think its to shallow,prism shad shined today,didn't catch anything on the divers today,it was all lipless lures.I will fill you in at the fish fry.
I keep cracking up,My sons face was looking like he wanted to kill me.HA.HA.
[signature]
Congrats on boating such a nice fish. One like that could put you in the money! It will be fun seeing who ends up with the nice fish. We had a few dinks yesterday, so those fish need to stay in the nursery while the big boys need to come play!
[signature]
Glad to hear you got a big one.We were out there this evening but all the ones we got were small.We got a total of 11 tonight. When we were out there Wednesday night my daughter pulled in a 25 incher. But that is right I already posted this report, that no one read.Oh well
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Beleive what you want, Nobody stirred you wrong. Petty, who was out there Friday hooking fish, was out today in the same place along the south dike trying to get his friend hooked up and got zippo too. Goes to show you just how fast things can change on that lake. Heck, skippythelurker pull a couple 22" fish out of there. WH2 and Ira socked 31 in that location on Friday. Sorry but it's hard to BS when so many guys were there.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3][/size][/font]
[signature]
Tony, what BLM said is true. A week ago Saturday I had found an active area with some good size fish and the next day I caught nothing out of the same area. If the wipers patterns don't change this tourney is going to be interesting. Some teams could get skunked and others might catch nothing over 14". Moving around like you did and covering some ground seems to be the best way to find them.
[signature]
Where do you find details and info about the tournament everybody is talking about?
[signature]
It is a "sticky" at the top of the page . Can't miss it on the message thread page .
[signature]
Its kinda like bigbuck allways says..."them fish are usually where you find them".. sounds like this is gonna be one heck of a tourney...![Wink]

Skipper.
[signature]
BLM is right, the fish were there on Friday, we got into three separate groups. You know the fishing is hot when you have four rods with a fish on at the same time, we even got all of them in. Good report Tony, if you had to guess how much would you say that big wiper weighted? Just from what most people are saying, it will be lucky to find those fish there next Saturday but you at least have a good starting point. I now know that there are a few bigger wipers in Willard, I was starting to have my doubts after all the small ones we have caught lately.
[signature]
Red-head and i went out saterday and we did catch some but all small. we were in my lund and troling about 3.0 mph just to fast i guess. well we will slow it down for the 4th. See ya-all there.
Scottieb
[signature]
OK,OK,I believe you guys I always have,but the fish where not out there,we trolled back and forth threw there for hours and didn't even get a bump,I'm glad they weren't there or I wouldn't have moved on.Curt the fish had to have wieghed close to 5 1/2 lbs.It wasn't as stocky as the 22" fish it was kind of skinny which suprised me.all the little fish must be eating good,has anybody even seen a shad this year,I usually see a few by know.or foul hook one.I hope its just not me seeing any?
BLM,Petty,TKB,WH2 & IRA,I appoligize if I hurt any feelings,You guys are out there all the time and I always listen to what you guys are saying.I always give honest info,and thought just maybe you where pulling are leg,any of you deserve to win this thing,you put in your time.
Later,FNF[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Well, as much as I think your a pretty decent guy, Tony, from now until the tourney is over, you are on your own. And to think after sharing all my info, some guys won't even share their big fish locations...[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
No harm, no foul fishinfool. Those wipers are schooling fish, and they move around alot. There really isn't much in the way of structure to hold them in one particular area all the time. Like swimmin' in a big ol bathtub. If you find a school, stick with them, if not, keep moving until you find fish. Sometimes you get lucky like WH2 and find 3 nice groups of them, and other times, you get nada. I've had both kinds of days. Sure is fun when you can get into them though. Good luck to all on the tourney. I hope everyone has fun.
[signature]
scottie did you launch out of the south marina? a blue lund?
[signature]