Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/2/05
Went up to Willard for the first time this year, by myself to get a feel for the place just before the saturday's tourney.[Wink]

Got there @ 9:10 am this morning, and trolled in the vincinty of the lightpole on both sides (north/south of it), then went off to the feedlot, and the island area. Caught 38 wipers, and 9 walleyes, I had a blast with my screaming reels with the 2 of biggest wipers being at 23 inches, and the smallest was 16 inches. Eyes were between 14-22 inches.

What a day it's been with the varying degrees of weather/wind combos. With the winds, I shut off the motor and let it drift, I got into eyes. Then going back to do it over again (on the way back, going 3 mph in the winds, I got into wipers!)

I am sooooo frickening tired from the long day of pulling fish that fight so hard, and then the long drive home to PG. I am so danged excited about the upcoming event!
[signature]
The size of the wipers being pulled out of the bay over the last week [black][size 4]increases[/size][/black] each and every day. Tomorrow's posts will list 30 inchers LOL
[Wink]
We will not be intimidated by arms that keep getting wider each time the fish story is retold.
[Tongue]

Seriously Paul, sounds like it was a very productive day for ya, lets hope your luck spills over into Saturday. Ya gotta have the skill and a lotta luck to win this baby. It will be a fun day for all! [Smile]
If I could post up tomorrow after our prefish excursion I'd give ya some HUGE WIPER COT sales; see attached:-)[/b]
[signature]
I agree, I would almost go so far as to say B.S. on any report I hear from anyone in the tournament for the next day. We will see who tells the truth on game day.
Paul, if you really did that good today, your one mighty fisherman but Saturday's catch is what counts and that will be your proof. WH2
[signature]
Arrived at 9:00am posted at 6:00pm =9 hours.

9 hours - 2 hours (+/-) for travel back home putting the boat away etc. = 7 hours of fishing.

7 hours divided by 47 fish = 1 fish every 8.9 minutes for 7 hours.

Sounds a little fishy [:/].
[signature]
That's a high catch rate, but it can be done. I caught 13 walleye in 2 hours one day last year, and another day ~20 wipers in ~5 hours. I'll be up there tomorrow, and will try to post up when I get home. Oh, and I'm not fishing the tourney, so you can take my report at face value.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
well all I can say is great job. CBR, OUT4TROUT and I (outdoorsgonewild team) will be up there tomarrow to prefish sure hope we have half as good of a day as you did. Then twice as good on tourney day. See you guys there and best of luck to all....
May the fish bite and bite hard on saturday for us all.....
[signature]
I agree it can be done. I have had a few days like that but its the timing of the post, two days before the tourney.

I will be out on the water tomarrow also. Plan on going early. Give me a holler on channel 12.
[signature]
will do MGD looking forward to meeting you!
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I will also be out there but it will be later in the day, we want to put the fish to bed so we will know where and where not to go the next day. See you guys on the water.
[signature]
We had a very slow day. We used everything from Shad Rap 5's off a downrigger at 22 feet to Wally Divers at 16 feet, Jr. Thundersticks, Shad Raps 5's, 7's and 8's of planer boards, plus bottom bouncers. Caught 2 wipers and 1 walleye. It was windy in the morning, water temp of 61-63 degrees and pretty murky. We were really targeting walleye, though.

Spoke with a couple of BFT guys at the boat ramp and they did okay on the wipers. Good luck to all. I'll check back tomorrow from work to see how you all did.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
fishonlynch and i where out there today in the trophy. it wasnt a bad day but nothing outragous. we picked up cbr on the shore and took him with us,
[signature]
Cheese and rice MGB...do you work construction?....all that math...you know that math is the only real proven truth in the universe?..your brother taught me that...
[signature]
We saw a trophy out there this afternoon with three guys in it but couldn't tell who they were because we saw no BFT stickers. We got there around 3:30pm and started off fishing around the feedlot but didn't locate the big boys until 6:30. See you tomorrow.
[signature]