Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And so I join
After months and months of taking advantage of your insight and know-how, I have become a Big Fish Tackler.

I've stalked this board and read hundreds--maybe thousands--of posts about kitties, Lake X, wipers, dropshotting, and where walley oughta' be planted.

I've watched the Berry discussions move from "looks like the ice is starting to form," to "pulled some slot cutts out of the ice today," to "ice off is here!" all the way back around to "casting on open water."

I've spent hours (maybe even days) perusing old posts for nuggets of fishing knowledge and angling anecdotes.

And then there's the man they call TubeDude. Actually TD, I've stalked you for years. You sent me an interesting paper on fish filetting a few years back when I lived in Michigan. Before that, we'd correspond every so often on utahfishfinder.

So why have I joined now? Dunno. For all the prestige and fame? <<AUDIBLE LAUGHTER>> I've got too much free time? <<LOUDER LAUGHTER, FOLLOWED BY THE ACTUAL SOUND OF MY TO-DO LIST GETTING LONGER>> Nah. I joined for one reason, and that's the love of the sport.

There's something spectacular about our sport. Husky men and women who'd cut off their own leg without showing any sign of pain are brought to tears by a big one that gets away. Straight-laced businessmen who thrive on power lunches and 80 hour work weeks will sneak out of a business conference to hit the Salmon Fly hatch on the local river. And kids who won't speak a word to their parents at home will spend an afternoon on the bank just fishin' with dad.

Ours is a noble sport, and its sportsmen noble men and women. I want nothing more than good fishing and good memories. And so I join--my voice with yours--for the advancement and protection of our sport.

So throw bait. Whip flies. Chuck lures. Whatever your fancy. I stand with you.

Here's to the voices of the past, present, and an invitation to the voices of the future to join. We'll talk kitties, wipers, lures and Lake X.

Here's to stalking out loud,

lurechucker
1st Welcome to BFT!
2nd Nice first post
3rd Next time, don't be show shy - write more than just a line or two Wink

Usually this would be the time to tell you how great BFT is, and how much you will enjoy it, but since you already know - I wont.
[signature]
Well that has to be the longest intro to the board ever. but you made me laugh and cry [Tongue] and feel like a a real fisherperson. Thanks and welsome aboard glad to have you
[signature]
Welcome aboard lurechucker. I'm glad you came out of the closet!LOL I believe everyone on this board has something to offer to the group. No matter their years fishing, how young or old, male or female it is a great place to get and share info on one of the greatest sports on earth. Again welcome.
[signature]
[cool]Welcome aboard. Glad you finally decided to join us, lurechucker! Great first post!
[signature]
Welcome lurechucker,i got a big kick outta your id,seems like we all have been there before,just chuckin anything that we think might work.As it has been said before lots of great people here with lots of good info.
[signature]
Welcome aboard LC![Smile] You dont happen to be related to TD! [Tongue] Great way to start your first post.
[signature]
Well said from a true sportsman. Like you, I have benefited from the wisdom of BFT'ers, all for the love of the sport. Welcome to BFT!!
[signature]
me too.
[signature]
And So You Joined! & Were Happy to have You aboard. Welcome [Smile]
[signature]
And A Mighty Welcome to You as well! Big_n_smallie [Smile]
[signature]
Hey Chucker,

A very nice first post. Sometimes it's just as nice to read a well-written piece of prose as it is to hear about a giant fish being caught. I look forward to reading more from you in the future.

A hearty welcome aboard to you!
[signature]
... and to you too, Big n smallie
[signature]
Thanks. It is a neat website.
[signature]
I, too, welcome you![angelic]
[signature]