Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Willard skunk has finally ended!
I am proud to announce that my long drought at Willard has finally ended! [Smile] Too bad it couldn't have ended during the tournament, instead of having to wait until after lunch.

[inline "121_2108 (Custom).JPG"]

The one that broke the bad spell.

[inline "121_2112 (Custom).JPG"]

And one of the two toothy critters that I also caught.
[signature]
Nice to finally shake the skunk off!
[signature]
Way to go Kent, I knew you had it in ya. What was the lure that broke your dry spell and how big was the wiper?
[signature]
Way to go Kent! Its too bad there isn't sturgeons in willard then you would have that place mastered.
[signature]
Woo-hoo ! Like I said yesterday - It won't last forever if you keep trying. A person has to go out of their way to get the skunk off - otherwise, it just stinks. I knew you would do it - you looked like you were determined when I pushed you off. I wish I could have stayed and fished with you - I hope you did get to share it with someone. In any case, congrats for getting some fishies to chase away the skunk.
[signature]
Kent,

Congrats on your skunk-off![Tongue] Yesterday at the BFT banquet, I could tell that you were in a very quiet, in a pensive yet elated mood. Congrats on your placing higher in the tournament.

I was barely skunked after fishing all morning all over (except the northeast corner side), I finally caught a 18 inch 2 3/4 pounder wiper just north of the lightpole. My buddy Deafbillfish is still skunked after 4 times at willard.[:/]

It was good to see you there [Smile].
[signature]
Kent,

Persistence pays off. I knew you had it in ya.

Thanks again for letting me fish with ya for the tourney, it was a blast.
[signature]
Nice Kent, but one thing, did you say a blessing when you buried that skunk ?? It's allways better to bless them so they don't come back and haunt you. later chuck
[signature]
I had asked yuo after the tourney how you did and your response was "I almost had a bite," well by the sound of it your persistance paid off and now you can put that quote to rest! Congrats and good luck on future outings.
[Smile]
[signature]
The wiper was only 16 1/4 inches long, but it looked like a 24 incher after not catching any fish out of Willard for so long. I caught all three fish on HFT modified Producers, trolled back 150' (thanks Wiperslayer1 for the advice) trolled at about 2.7 mph. Utwalleye, I wish you would have told me about having to bless the skunk. Oh well, I hope it will leave me alone for a good long time, and I continue catching wipers at walleye at Willard like I did before the bad streak began. It was really strange, whether I took newbies or experienced fishermen on my boat they caught fish, and if I went on others boats they usually caught fish. Interestingly, part of the dreaded skunk included an evening outing with MGB on his boat and we both got skunked.
[signature]
Kent-Congratulations!Is it safe to go to Willard with you now?LOL
[signature]
It has always been safe, just now I will probably be in a better mood, although only those who really know me well will be able to recognize it (LOL).
[signature]
Congrats Kent it's always nice to bury a skunk. Did you put holy water in that hole with him? Hes been around so long I was sure if he was dead or alive.
[signature]
Way to go Kent, I hope it put up a fight to keep you coming back. We will still need to get you up to 4 or 5 a day to start then work on more later.
[signature]
Thanks for the kind words from everyone, and an extra thanks to wiperslayer1 -- because Ira's posts are few and far between, and he is one fine fisherman.
[signature]