Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Report 6-11
Had a chance to get out to Willard today. It was a little slow, but the weather sure was nice. Never had much more than a breeze, which kept the dang bugs away. We ended up boating one decent wiper and a few dinks. No eyes today. We talked to a couple other boats and they hadn't caught many either. Seemed slow all around. We fished the east, west and south sides. Picked up the most on the west end. We threw a hole bunch of lures trying to find what they wanted, but it didn't seem to matter. For an allegedly stormy day, it sure was nice.
[signature]
Bearclaw and i also got out on willard today. we launched at about 8am after talking with polokid and IFG in the parking lot and saying hello to blm. we trolled to the north dike and worked that area for awhile with no luck, so we headed south started cating some wipers between the north marina and the feed lot, trolled over to the west dike and then back to the feed lot picking up 5 for the day. heres some pics.
[inline lunchladychad.JPG]
Bearclaw wearing his lunch lady head gear to keep the buggs off
[inline chad21inwiper.JPG]
Bearclaw and his 21in wiper
[inline "chad and proud punkin.JPG"]
bearclaw and punkin cant wait to eat these wipers
[signature]
Looks like you caught a couple good wipers. Too bad we didn't run into you.
[signature]
Thanks for the good company P4L. It was nice to finally use the new reel and try out the new pole holders jason helped me install (finally drilled a few holes in the crestliner[blush]).. The weather even cooperated making it quite the nice day, except for the occassional swarms of man eating bugs.
p.s. Jason has a way better "lunch lady" look than I.[Tongue]
[signature]