Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercury help
MY mercury when you put it in reverse then try to go forward it stays in neutral .

does anybody know how to ajust it or can you?
[signature]
where your cables inter the motor there should be a adjustment that is threaded on the cable that fits in a holding place on the motor. has the lower unit been taken off ?? I know if you take the lower off you have to have the motor in gear before removing it. hope this helps a little, later chuck
[signature]
No the unit has not been taken of it is a 1999 motor with hidrawlicks, I wish I knew a good mechanic.
[signature]
Halstrom Marine 756-6078. The best merc mech in the state!
[signature]
I don't want to through cold water but the merc at Halstrom worked on my boat at Vantage AND DID THE WORSED JOB so bad that Mercury told me to take it to another place and I did.

I just got back from having my boat fixed at Marinemax of Utah so now I have to make a trip to Jordanelle to try it out(you know).[Wink][Wink]
[signature]
are you gonna take me? When ya going?
[signature]
Hey Bassrods, I also have a 99 Merc 15 hp. If you want to compare how they work - often times cheaper than a mechanic - I would be happy to compare mechanisms - so to speak. I have also adjusted my linkage on the V6 Merc cruser with success.

I have plenty of tools and experience with my engine linkage and can probably identify whats going on. Cheap - just have to drive over.

I live in Murray and if it's in your range - shoot me a PM.
[signature]
CBR has been after me, but the spring keep spring a leak but next week lets try for that OK UTBASS.
[signature]
[cool] a-rock prop and repair in sl will do ya a good job
[signature]
send Danzilla a pm. I got some very helpful advise on my mariner, he seems to know quite a bit about outboards. Good luck!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Haul it to Lee's Marine. You won't be sorry. Call him at 435-245-7727. They have the shop phone at home to monitor calls any time. Mercs are his speciality. May be a long haul but you'll be a convert.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
Thanks guys...for all your help, names and phone numbers. I'm going to make a list...for future reference. Hopefully the problem is fixed for the time being...and I can make it through the season now...I see a new motor in my future...hope the wife takes the hint. But she's a writer and knows all about dreams and fiction. [Wink]
[signature]