Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard bay blues
Fished willard from seven in the morning until about two in the afternoon on the 16th caught one wiper over near the feed lot around eleven and that was it. tried everything in the box. can anyone help me to do better?

19" 2.5lbs
[signature]
Fished willard from 5:00pm - 9:00. The water was choppy the whole time we where there with a few gusts. The surface temperature was 66 degrees. Caught 6 wipers and 1 walleye. Three of the wipers where 18" the rest where 12" - 14". Had a pelican eyeballing one of my wipers I thought he was going to grad it and fly away.
[signature]
Were you trolling,or fishing from shore?What were you fishing with?If you were trolling,how fast?
[signature]
[cool]Perhaps doing a little research on our "Willard Bay Archive Reports" would help you out quite a bit. I know I've learned a lot from it. It might take you a little time, but I'm sure you'll be glad you did your homework. Here's the link:

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=86"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?forum=86[/url];
[signature]
We fished it today from 4:30-8:00, and caught ~15 walleye, mostly small fish but up one was 22", all but one on bottom bouncers. A couple fishing nearby caught a half dozen or so trolling cranks. I caught one off the feedlot flat on a Shad Rap 5 running at 7 feet. No wipers, though.

We talked to a couple of guys who fished for wipers and didn't catch anything. It was by far my best trip this year. I think we caught 9 walleye in the first hour.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Thats a great walleye report, what area did you catch most of them? Were you using a worm harness with the bottom bouncer? Thanks for the report and the info. WH2
[signature]
Worm harnesses, I used a chartreuse blade, which seemed to work a little better than my buddies hammered nickle. Sorry, I can't say where, as a friend told me about the area and I have to honor that. If I had found them by myself, I'd a least give you a general idea.
[signature]
Single main, no kicker. Wink
Trolling about 4 mph tried a rattling shad rap,several colors,the one I caught was with a storm live eyes curly tail (green over pearl).
[signature]