Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 6-18, bizarre sight
hit willard bay sat afternoon and stayed till a bit after dark. Only had a few hits the whole time. Landed one small walleye.

bout an hour before sunset, the fishing was slow, so i started watching the pelican and other birds. I looked down the shoreline and watched one flying directly toward me. As it approached i could see what looked like a long reed or branch it was carrying. Figured what the heck, maybe it's building a nest somewhere ( I don't know much about pelicans, heh)
Well, it flew almost over the top of me and as it got closer, i could see that it was not a branch.. it was a STRINGER!!

I could make out the metal end of the stringer flopping in the air, as it was relatively close.
Man, i've seen some oddball stuff there this year.

cyas
rc
I know exactly what that was. Maybie not exactly but it is too close of a time frame for it not to be. My friend at work was there that day and was having an OK day. He said he had several fish on a stringer hung off the side of his boat as he was trolling. When he went to put another on the stringer, the chain had broke and there was only part of the chane left on the boat. That was that morning. And he thought that that those fish just went to waist. It was good to hear that there is a fatter bird for his efforts.
[signature]
See Gary, maybe your fish that day at Scofield weren't totally wasted.[angelic][angelic][angelic][angelic][angelic][angelic][angelic][Tongue][Tongue][Tongue]
[signature]
hehe... that is funny. I saw the same bird about a week ago! I pointed it out to my brother, we thought that the bird swallowed a fish with line still stuck in it or something of that sort, hahah... that is funny to know that it is a stringer. But i guess you have to think of the bird, hope he can get it out of his gut. Cuz of all things i'm sure that has to hurt coming out the other end, a chain through the pooper hole, OUCH!!

cya

Rabid Fisher
[signature]
[red][size 3]What a deal! Free lunch with complimentary dental floss. [/size][/red]
[signature]