Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6/25 am
Got on the water about 9. Launched at S Marina, be aware that the south willard exit is closed North bopund. Get off the exit before or you have to go all the way to the north exit.
We trolled shad deep divers in silver and blue. Caught 2 nice 16" wipers off the feedlot in 20' of water, moved down to the SE corner and started to really get them, couldn't even get the second line out and we would have one on. Smaller though, 12". After a bunch of them we trolled back twords the marina and just East of the feedlot we got into some walleye. No big ones just 14" or so. Back they went to grow another year. All In All, 2 16" wipers and 1 12" (injured) kept and 8 wipers and 4 walleye C&R.
[signature]
Sounds like a great day thanks for the report.
[signature]
I fish willard after work today from 5:30-9:00 and caught 10 wipers and 1 walleye. Rattlin rapalas worked best for me. Two of the wipers where 18" and 20" and the rest where the small 12"-14" the walleye was 16". I released all of the fish. The surface temperature was 68 degrees.
[signature]
We hit willard this morning with similar success to other reports. The W made boat control a challenge. We landed 8 walleyes and about a dozen wipers. Most of the wipers were the 12 - 14" variety. Walley sizes varied. Most fish came on a #7 shad rap in various colors. The baby bass pattern was the most consistent. Caught most of the fish in the feed lot area, and a few in the southeast corner near I-15.
[signature]
Black & silver worked best for me. When I first got there I got a couple on shad raps but later on the rattlin rapala was the only thing that worked. Fished close to the areas you mentioned.

That wind put a good chop on the water the hole time I was there and boat control to some extra effort. Didn't get too far away from the marina since there was a strom moving in.
[signature]
Hey Roger, I think we saw you as we were getting there, were you in the Bayliner? We were in the old white Starcraft that you were waving to and motioning toward the East side, as you were coming in. WH2
[signature]
Yes that was me in the Bayliner. It's not really rigged for fishing but it runs nice. It's nice to know who you were. I may recognise you again but any boat with 4 rods stiching up on it should have some of the mystry solved. That was my son with me. He caught most of the fish. Funny that.
I would have pics but the digital malfunvtioned, or maybe it was me. Boat control and running a line for a 5 yr old is even more of a challange.
It was getting a pretty good blow on when I left. It must have been real interesting if you ventured far from the dike.
[signature]
One person steering and running the lines makes for a tough day when the wind is blowing like it was yesterday. We just took turns steering, depending on who was reeling in the fish. It also helps to use side planners when trying to keep four lines from getting tangled. WH2
[signature]
Troll i think i saw you out there you came right up by us we where in the 14ft crestliner running 4 poles with side planners
[signature]
That would have been right close to the SE corner?
We caught a bunch in that area but they were all 12" or so and released for next year. We stayed there until my son got tired and headed back twords the marina.

I think I remember your boat. Nice. My wife made me get the one I have. I wanted one like yours.
[signature]