Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida Bass Fishing
Lake Tohopekaliga<br>By Captain Chuck Matthews<br>800-936-7398<br>June 01, 2001<br><br>Hello Fellow Anglers!<br><br>First off, I want to express my and my family’s deepest sympathy to fellow Guide Captain Bob Bloom on the passing of his wife. Our prayers are with the Bloom family.<br><br>The Florida Wildlife Commission continue to pull water from Toho to bring the lake down to summer pool.<br><br>The canals are holding fish. Black blue tail worms are doing well. Also, Carolina rigs with centipedes are producing fish.<br><br>On Lake Toho, most of the fish are in open water and there are a lot of schooling fish. You name the lure and they are hitting it, mostly, top water shad raps, rattle traps. These<br>fish are coming up most of the day. I have been using top water when they come up and a worm when they are not. Good places for fish are the north end of grassy Island, in front<br>of Granada, and Goblet’s Cove. For flipping, just get on the outside edge of the grass. <br><br>Brown’s Point on the south side is a good bet. The hydrilla is growing back very fast on Toho after the pellet drop. You can find a lot of places that there aren’t many boaters.<br><br>Fishing is really picking up now that we are getting afternoon rains and with the low water, most of the fish are in open water and the outside edge of the grass.<br><br>Be very careful when going through the inside edge as the water is extremely low there.<br><br>Good Luck and Happy Fishing,<br><br>Captain Chuck Matthews<br>Professional Bass Guide<br>A Action Bass Guide Services<br>http://www.orlandobassfishing.com<br><br>Captain Chuck Matthews 800-936-7398