Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard w/good friend and pics ... 6-25-05
[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"][black]I invited my long-time high school buddy (Sid Thompson) and his son (Mike) down from Idaho for some boat trolling today on Willard. Sid's history of fishing was a lot like mine growing up so I knew he would be in for a surprise out on Willard.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Upon arrival at the south marina, we ran into Petty4life and Bearclaw. After making a bet with Petty about who could catch the most fish per boat, we headed out onto the water at about 8:00.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]The water was rough all morning … never let up. We trolled the feed lot area and north. About as soon as we put in, Sid had his first wiper. He is not used to catching fish so quickly. And as all new wiper fishermen are, he was quite surprised how hard they fight.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline "Sid's-1st-wiper.jpg"][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Buy 10:00 we had boated 9 fish … one of which was a nice 21" walleye … another first for Sid.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline "Sid's-nice-walleye.jpg"][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Mike was catching as many as Sid but was never able to get anything bigger than about 12 inches.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline "Mike's-little-big.jpg"][/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Since I wanted them to get more than just little ones, we decided to head out to the light pole. It was very rough going to get there and when we got out to the light pole area, we marked no fish. But, while we were there, Mike did tie into a nice seagull. That was strange … the bird just had it's wing wrapped in Mikes line. Once we got it untangled, we headed back to the feed lot area again. Again, rough and slow getting back.[/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Once back at the feed lot, we caught 3 more wipers for a total of 9 wipers and 3 walleye. It was about 12:30 and we decided we would get off the lake to get Mike home for work. [/black][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Once back at the dock, again we ran into Petty and BC. While we were filleting our fish, WiperHunter2 and WiperSlayer pulled up. But the wind was getting bad and I suspect that they were in for a rough ride.[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black] [/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Well, who won the bet between me and Petty? … petty's boat beat us by double!! (I knew I shouldn't have wasted time going down to the light pole.) So, what kind of shake do you want Jason?[/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][inline 2-on-stringer.jpg][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black]Well Sid and Mike, you guys sure make good fishing company. Maybe we can get together again out on the water up at Pineveiw chasing them monster tiger muskies.[/black][/font][/size]
[signature]
Sounds like a lot of fun coot. Glad you could get your friends into some fish! I'll bet they had a great time.
[signature]
shake i want a fishing trip!!![Wink]
[signature]