Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St Paul suburb recommendations for Bass fishing
Hey mdtolic,

Just got done talking to a couple people about bass fishing in the St Paul area. One person said they hit Turtle Lake and caught 22 bass in 2 hrs. He was out of there by 8:30am. Definitely worth checking out. He said the bites came on soft plastics fished very slowly and most of them came from docks.

Another person actually told me that almost any lake in the St Paul area would be good, except Johanna. *shrug*
[signature]
Funny, I enjoyed Johanna so I was going to try Josephine this weekend. I've been asking around quite a bit too, and it seems that bass are pretty good in a lot of the lakes. I guess I should have asked if there is any lake I should stay away from!
Talked to a guy just yesterday who pulled a 6lb'er out of Gervaise. Guess I'll try that one instead. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Are you fishing from your pontoon float tube?
[signature]
That's the plan.
[signature]
I'd love to check that thing out. Must be fun when you hook a lunker. Get pulled all over the place!
[signature]
The big ones do pull you a little. In fact, I hooked a large one, on Gervaise, just yesterday under a Willow tree. It fought hard! Just before I was pulled into the overhanging tree limbs, I lost it. To make it even worse, I think it was due to a bad knot tying job! I did land a few good bass though, including this one in the attachment.
[signature]
It's not working! Ack! I wanna see that beauty of a fish you caught. If you need help, feel free to send me a PM.
[signature]